From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of waltonnz
Sent: 22 February 2021 23:08
To: Family Historian <family-historian@groups.io>
Subject: [family-historian] Gedcom

I'm trying to export a Gedcom file with just the bare bones - Names and dates and places of birth. I've tried the FH export but it exports all the notes as well. Previously I used the Export Gedcom plugin and I'm fairly certain it worked ok for me. So, now I have FH 7 I've downloaded the latest version of the plugin and performed an export, but I'm still getting the notes exported. Does anyone know how I can avoid this?

Patricia

waltonnz

Thank you, Mike - worked perfectly.

On Tue, 23 Feb 2021 at 23:20, Mike Tate <post@...> wrote:

Hi Patricia,

To achieve that extent of ‘pruning’ you need to copy the Project and use Split Tree Helper.

So in File > Project Window select Project and use More Tasks > Copy Project.

Open the copy and use File > Split Tree Helper where you can delete local Notes bottom left and any Facts as well as anything else you want to be excluded.

Finally, use the Export Gedcom File plugin for the target product you are migrating to.

Mike Tate

I'm trying to export a Gedcom file with just the bare bones

Patricia

_._,_._,_