From the menu, choose Tools > Preferences and then the Property box. You can change fonts there, but it affects everything in every property box.

What other dialog boxes do you want to change?

-----Original Message-----
From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Karin Schuette Weiss
Sent: 19 June 2020 17:36
To: FHUG <family-historian@groups.io>
Subject: [family-historian] Font in Fact Types dialog

Using FH Version 6.2.7, is it possible to change the font in the Fact Types dialog box?
And, for that matter, for other dialog boxes.

Thank you.

Karin Schuette Weiss <karinsw@...>

I have changed all the property box fonts and that works well.  But it does
not seem to address dialog boxes.  Probably if I find out how to change the
Fact Types box, that same technique would also work for other dialog boxes.

The Fact Type box I am talking about is the one accessed with Tools > Fact
Types.  It would be very helpful to have that font larger because I do a good
deal of tinkering with sentences.

Thank you.

On 6/19/2020 9:47 AM, colevalleygirl@... wrote:
From the menu, choose Tools > Preferences and then the Property box. You can change fonts there, but it affects everything in every property box.

What other dialog boxes do you want to change?

Using FH Version 6.2.7, is it possible to change the font in the Fact Types dialog box?
And, for that matter, for other dialog boxes.

Thank you.

Mike Tate

You are correct, the only dialogue text that can be customised in FH is the Property Box and the Records Window.

To affect other text requires the Windows default text to be changed via Start > Settings > System > Display > Scale and layout.

I have changed all the property box fonts and that works well.  But it does not seem to address dialog boxes.  Probably if I find out how to change the Fact Types box, that same technique would also work for other dialog boxes.

The Fact Type box I am talking about is the one accessed with Tools > Fact Types.  It would be very helpful to have that font larger because I do a good deal of tinkering with sentences.

Thank you.

On 6/19/2020 9:47 AM, colevalleygirl@... wrote:

>  From the menu, choose Tools > Preferences and then the Property box. You can change fonts there, but it affects everything in every property box.

> What other dialog boxes do  you want to change?

Thank you Mike!  I had changed the font once in Display Settings in Windows, but had not gone deep
enough to make it work for everything.  This is just what I needed.  I had to again change my fonts
in FH Preferences, because they got really large - but a very small price to pay to be able to see
print much more easily.