FH Project Folder not updating on OneDrive

Mike Tate

Ok, to prevent upsetting the desktop OneDrive folder you must sign out from your Windows account on the desktop PC.

Now sign in to your laptop PC account and delete the entire contents of the OneDrive folder but leave the OneDrive folder itself in place.

Start OneDrive and sign in to your OneDrive account.

Once signed in click the OneDrive cloud icon, then More ~ Settings

On the Settings tab ensure Files On-Demand is NOT ticked.

On the Back up tab use Manage back up to backup your Desktop, Documents & Pictures folders.

From now on those three folders will be kept synchronised with identical content on both PC.

Leave laptop to allow OneDrive to finish processing changes. It may take some time.

Eventually, the OneDrive folder and its Documents folder will look much the same as the desktop PC looked.

If anything looks unusual at this stage then let me know before proceeding.

When finished, sign in to your desktop PC and let OneDrive synchronise.

The Desktop icons on both PC will become merged and identical.

The Documents and Pictures folders on both PC will similarly merge.

Let me know when all that has completed.