From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of aieaston1946@...
Sent: 27 February 2021 13:11
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: [family-historian] Facts without Sources

Hi,

I am in the process of tidying up my project – checking data , links etc and I am wondering if there is a way of listing any facts that I have entered but where I have, for whatever reason, omitted a source.

Any ideas anyone?
Thanks
Albert Easton

Albert Easton

Mike,
Thanks for the speedy reply.  The query worked a treat (I am using version 7) and I am embarrassed to say that it showed up even more unsourced facts than I expected.
As an example it shows some sloppy thinking on my part in that I can see that I have been listing a lot of couples as "married" simply because they were living together (census data) or listed as parents; and not documenting the source of the reasoning.  I guess in these sort of situations I should technically  be listing the relationship as Unknown unless I have additional evidence.    Sadly it is not the only example of where I have been a bit lazy !
There is enough there to keep me busy for ages.
Thanks again for the pointer.
Albert Easton

Helen at Darlington

Albert: I sympathize! I have been on a tidy-up job for MONTHS
Helen