expansion button

Robert Jordan

Dear All

Has anyone had trouble with expansion buttons. They used to appear automatically in version 6 in diagrams but now they do not.

After highlighting the person in question I have clicked on the new expansion button in the toolbar but still no expansion buttons appear. I am using a standard diagram with standard text.

R A Jordan

Mike Tate

Hi Robert,

Nothing has changed in FH V7 regarding Diagram Expansion Buttons. They are enabled by default.

Expansion Buttons only appear on the extreme ancestor and descendant boxes and only if there are hidden generations.

I suspect your Diagram has fewer generations than set in Diagram > Options > General tab Generations Up/Down.

Mike Tate

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert Jordan
Sent: 12 March 2021 08:41
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: [family-historian] expansion button

Dear All

Has anyone had trouble with expansion buttons. They used to appear automatically in version 6 in diagrams but now they do not.

After highlighting the person in question I have clicked on the new expansion button in the toolbar but still no expansion buttons appear. I am using a standard diagram with standard text.

R A Jordan