editing a decendants report

Nev Ramsden

Hi,

If I save a Descendants Report and then reopen it in Microsoft Word to allow me to make some additions – then when I try to re-save the modified report I am given the following message
“you are attempting to save a file type (rtf) that has been blocked by your File Block Settings in the Trust Center”
Why does this happen?
How do I stop it, so that I can make my additions?

Nev.Ramsden

Victor Markham

Before working on the rtf file save it as a word document and work on that. The file will automatically save as you work along

On 15 Sep 2021, at 18:55, Nev Ramsden <black.sail38@...> wrote:
Hi,

If I save a Descendants Report and then reopen it in Microsoft Word to allow me to make some additions – then when I try to re-save the modified report I am given the following message
“you are attempting to save a file type (rtf) that has been blocked by your File Block Settings in the Trust Center”
Why does this happen?
How do I stop it, so that I can make my additions?

Nev.Ramsden

Neil Grantham

--
Neil Grantham

Adrian Bruce

On Wed, Sep 15, 2021, 19:04 Victor Markham via groups.io <victor=markham.me.uk@groups.io> wrote:
Before working on the rtf file save it as a word document and work on that. ...

Yes, as a general rule, it makes more sense to save it as a Word Document first because that is Word's native format, of course, and will save what you end up with on the screen. If you save your screen contents as an RTF, there is always the possibility that what you save will not quite match what's on the screen, because of differences between the Word and RTF formats.