Duplicate Citations

David Hodgson-Brown

Hi All

I know I have lots of duplicate citations in my tree that I imported from RootsMagic. When I run the ‘Duplicate Citations’ plugin I get the following message

[string ‘c;\ProgramData\Calico Pie\Family Historian\Pl…]’:57: attempt to index a nil value (field ‘?’). No changes have been made to the data records.

Is there a way of tweaking the code to get around this problem? Can anyone suggest where to look in the GEDCOM for the offending data?

Thanks

David Hodgson-Brown

Mike Tate

That will need to be investigated and fixed by the Plugin Author who is Jane Taubman.

You can contact her via the FHUG Forums or Leave a Reply against that Plugin in the Plugin Store.

Mike Tate

I know I have lots of duplicate citations in my tree that I imported from RootsMagic. When I run the ‘Duplicate Citations’ plugin I get the following message

[string ‘c;\ProgramData\Calico Pie\Family Historian\Pl…]’:57: attempt to index a nil value (field ‘?’). No changes have been made to the data records.

Is there a way of tweaking the code to get around this problem? Can anyone suggest where to look in the GEDCOM for the offending data?

Thanks

David Hodgson-Brown

Jane Taubman

It's probably some anomaly in the citation format I have not allowed for.

If you can send me a small gedcom which causes the plugin to fail I can take a look or you could try using the debug tools in the plugin editor to track the problem, by adding a breakpoint on line 57