Does fh7 still use Internet Explorer modules?

Tom H

Browsing the Plugin Store, I see listed WRITE REG IE SHELL VERSION which "affects the Internet Explorer Version used by Family Historian internal browser windows such as the Web Search Window, Map Window, and plugin Map Life Facts window." Having experienced issues with RootsMagic's internal browser, which also uses IE modules, being rejected by some websites,
  1. Are there any current issues with fh7's internal browser?
  2. Is there an update planned to replace the IE internal browser with a contemporary one?

Thanks,

Tom 

colevalleygirl@colevalleygirl.co.uk

FH7 uses Edge as the internal browser.

FH6 still uses IE and I would not expect it to be updated.

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom H
Sent: 11 December 2021 02:54
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: [family-historian] Does fh7 still use Internet Explorer modules?

Browsing the Plugin Store, I see listed WRITE REG IE SHELL VERSION which "affects the Internet Explorer Version used by Family Historian internal browser windows such as the Web Search Window, Map Window, and plugin Map Life Facts window." Having experienced issues with RootsMagic's internal browser, which also uses IE modules, being rejected by some websites,

2. Is there an update planned to replace the IE internal browser with a contemporary one?

Thanks,

Mike Tate

The early versions of FH V7 still used Internet Explorer, so the plugin was relevant then.

As Helen says, FH V7 now uses the Edge browser, so the plugin details will be changed to exclude V7.

Mike Tate

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of colevalleygirl@...
Sent: 11 December 2021 08:56
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Does fh7 still use Internet Explorer modules?

FH7 uses Edge as the internal browser.

FH6 still uses IE and I would not expect it to be updated.

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom H
Sent: 11 December 2021 02:54
Subject: [family-historian] Does fh7 still use Internet Explorer modules?

Thanks,