Dividing lines between branches on family tree

gunther2340@...

Does Family Historian have a feature where a dividing line can automatically be drawn to divide between branches on a family tree?

Mike Tate

The answer is no, but I’m not sure I understand how it would work or why it is needed.

Are you saying you want a line between every ancestral and descendant branch however complex the tree?

That could be a lot of lines on an All Relatives Diagram with many ancestral & descendant branches.

Mike Tate

Does Family Historian have a feature where a dividing line can automatically be drawn to divide between branches on a family tree?

Lorna Craig

If you simply want to make the branches more spatially distinct you can use the Movement Control Box to move branches further apart from each other.  Click the third icon from the right in the diagram toolbar, labelled ‘Move’.  Then click the Help button in that small window for further guidance.  To move ancestral branches apart use the Fixed Point option.  Set one ancestor as the fixed point and slide their spouse away from them.

Lorna

Does Family Historian have a feature where a dividing line can automatically be drawn to divide between branches on a family tree?

_._,_._,_

Deirdre Leigh

I have changed the colours of my branches to differentiate between them, if that is any help.