Diagrams and PDF printing

michaellee508@...

I have been trying to print an all relative diagram but however I try it ends up black & white I have tried with both the family historian Nova printer and with Cute PDf writer bur all to no avail. [I did change the background to generation stripes but otherwise have not changed the formatting]  When using the Nova writer I always end up with a message not responding and have to shut the program down to get out. I have read and I think understood  <https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/single-pdf-page-of-a-diagram/  To check I have printed to PDF succesfully with the cute writer an ancestors and descendents diagram admittedly it did not have photos attached can any one help please.

Also is it possable in a diagram to show name only for those living and further details for those that are dead.

many thanks

Michael

Neil Grantham

Michelle

Are you trying to print or create a large one page PDF?

I am assuming you are printing to PDF?

Is this version 6 or 7?

In v7 if I create an all relatives diagram then go to Diagram > Save Diagram as... > PDF, the 'Save as PDF file' dialogue opens and I select 'Adjust PDF....'

Click OK

The print dialogue opens showing 'Family Historian PDF' using the novaPDF 7 printer driver

Click Properties... and then go to the Graphics Tab

Is Predefined 'Compress' selected or or perhaps one of the Monchrome or grayscale options?

Best Wishes

Neil.

--
Neil Grantham

Lorna Craig

Look at the Diagram Options > Print tab.  There is a tick box there to ‘Print tree lines, boxes and text in black-and-white only’.  By default this is not ticked, but perhaps you have ticked that option at some time in the past?

To hide the details of living people in a diagram you will need to clone your usual text scheme and make all the lines other than the name conditional on the existence of a Living flag.   Ask again if you need assistance with that.

Lorna