Deleting entries

ccinteriors@...

I mistakenly entered 3 children for the wrong parents. After correcting my mistake, I now have 3 unnamed persons still existing in the wrong entry.  How can I delete them?

Mike Tate

It sounds like you did not move the child records from the wrong parents to the correct parents.

It is always a good idea to explain exactly what you did, otherwise we are guessing.

Perhaps you created new child Individual records from scratch and then deleted the Name field of the original child Individual records?

Deleting the Name/Title field contents of records does not delete the record itself.

If you are sure you wish to delete those [unnamed] records then display their parents in the Focus Window.

Right-click on each Child row in turn and choose Delete Record.

There is much advice in the FHUG Knowledge Base about reorganising family relationships.

https://www.fhug.org.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=how_to:index#adjusting_family_relationships

Regards, Mike Tate

I mistakenly entered 3 children for the wrong parents. After correcting my mistake, I now have 3 unnamed persons still existing in the wrong entry.  How can I delete them?

I think they are passed being able to do that Victor and just have some residual records left behind that need deleting.

We won’t know for sure until they explain what they actually did.