Date of death Column

David Gynes

Can someone please point me to instruction for adding a "date of death" column after the date of birth column in the “children” section of the Property Box.
With so many infant deaths it would be good to see at a glance which offspring had no chance of adding to the tree.
I can see instruction for adding columns in the Records window in the Knowledge base but not this, so am I asking the impossible?
David
David Gynes
specbear@btinternet.com

colevalleygirl@colevalleygirl.co.uk

Sorry, but it isn't possible to customise the child section of the Property Box Main Tab.

https://pluginstore.family-historian.co.uk/page/plugin/quick-family-facts might be an alternative?

-----Original Message-----
From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of David Gynes via groups.io
Sent: 17 May 2021 13:41
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: [family-historian] Date of death Column

Can someone please point me to instruction for adding a "date of death" column after the date of birth column in the “children” section of the Property Box.
With so many infant deaths it would be good to see at a glance which offspring had no chance of adding to the tree.
I can see instruction for adding columns in the Records window in the Knowledge base but not this, so am I asking the impossible?
David
David Gynes
specbear@btinternet.com

David Dewick

I've just added the same question on the FHUG form !!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who is interested in doiun this.

David Dewick

You'll get the same answer there, David; the same 'experts' answer here and there. We specifically ask people not to duplicate queries https://fhug.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=18312.

I've just added the same question on the FHUG form !!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who is interested in doiun this.

David Dewick

Ian Thirlwell

Why not just click on the magnifying glass at the top of the property box to bring up the focus window? The information is there and the property box remains open.
Ian

Can someone please point me to instruction for adding a "date of death" column after the date of birth column in the “children” section of the Property Box.
With so many infant deaths it would be good to see at a glance which offspring had no chance of adding to the tree.
I can see instruction for adding columns in the Records window in the Knowledge base but not this, so am I asking the impossible?
David
David Gynes
specbear@btinternet.com

Mike Tate

Yes, that is effectively the answer I have given in the FHUG Forum, plus the Quick Family Facts plugin.

Why not just click on the magnifying glass at the top of the property box to bring up the focus window? The information is there and the property box remains open.
Ian

Sue Herrington

I’m not sure how David would know he was duplicating a query if he hadn’t read the 1st David’s post here prior to posting his query on the forum!

Sue Herrington

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I've just added the same question on the FHUG form !!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who is interested in doiun this.

David Dewick

colevalleygirl@colevalleygirl.co.uk

Sue, perhaps he’d read it and perhaps he hadn’t – but he’ll still get the same experts answering.  There are few enough experts that it makes sense not to duplicate queries if it can be avoided.

I’m not sure how David would know he was duplicating a query if he hadn’t read the 1st David’s post here prior to posting his query on the forum!

Sue Herrington

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I've just added the same question on the FHUG form !!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who is interested in doiun this.

David Dewick

David Dewick

An duplication is purely coincidental!

I posted my question of the forum. Having done so, I then went to checked my email, only to find that an identical question had been posted here almost simultaneously.

I’m not sure how David would know he was duplicating a query if he hadn’t read the 1st David’s post here prior to posting his query on the forum!

Sue Herrington

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I've just added the same question on the FHUG form !!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who is interested in doiun this.

David Dewick

David Gynes

Thanks cvg for the plugin tip.
Thanks Ian T for the Focus window nudge, very quick and easy.
And thanks David D for showing I.m not alone in this thought process - Great Minds think alike - and all that, but I won’t go on with the saying…🤓
David
David Gynes
specbear@btinternet.com

On 17 May 2021, at 13:45, colevalleygirl@colevalleygirl.co.uk wrote:

Sorry, but it isn't possible to customise the child section of the Property Box Main Tab.

Mike C

I work mainly with diagrams visible, and the Property Box open on RH side.
For a child who dies before maturity - 'Add fact>Add child count' = 0.
Right-click the diagram, then on 'Diagram options>General' there is a checkbox 'No-offspring marker' and on 'Options' set a vibrant colour for the line.
Now it is instantly obvious in the diagram which individuals will never have descendants.
Also useful for adults where it is known or suspected (none found in GRO) there are no offspring.