Date format question

Karin Schuette Weiss <karinsw@...>

I am using FH version 6.2.7.

In an individual narrative report I would like the dates to include the day of the week.
In other words: "individual" was born Saturday, 1 August, 1896.  How can I do this?

Jane Taubman

You can include the day by changing each Fact set entry to include 

{=DayOfWeek(%FACT.DATE%)}

but you will not be able to show the day at the front of the date as the {date} code is a complex beast as it can be a single date a range or other values so the best you can easily do is to add the Day name after the date.

Mike Tate

When composing Tools > Fact Types > Birth > Edit > Sentence Template you need to consider all possible values of the Date field.

It is possible to test the type of Date as being a Simple Single Date with a Day number and only produce DayOfWeek in that special case, but it is very complex.

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Jane Taubman
Sent: 17 June 2020 17:15
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Date format question

but you will not be able to show the day at the front of the date as the {date} code is a complex beast as it can be a single date a range or other values so the best you can easily do is to add the Day name after the date.

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Karin Schuette Weiss <karinsw@...>

Thank you Jane and Mike.  So far, I have put this into my birth fact and am very pleased.
Made it read "she was born 27 February 1897, a Saturday, at . . ."

On 6/17/2020 9:15 AM, Jane Taubman wrote: