Date Checker

waltonnz

Is there such a thing as a plugin that will detect incorrect dates? For example I've just found an individual on my database with a birth date of 1922 and a death date of 1022, obviously a typo error on my part. There are probably others and I'd like to detect them if possible.
Patricia

BillH

Patricia,

The plugin Show Project Statistics will show you statistics about your project as well as detect and report all types of errors.

Bill

On May 23 2021, at 02:43 PM waltonnz wrote:

Is there such a thing as a plugin that will detect incorrect dates? For example I've just found an individual on my database with a birth date of 1922 and a death date of 1022, obviously a typo error on my part. There are probably others and I'd like to detect them if possible.
Patricia

waltonnz

Thank you, I have found and installed it - just what I needed.
Patricia

On Mon, 24 May 2021 at 10:01, BillH <bhtemp99@...> wrote:
Patricia,

The plugin Show Project Statistics will show you statistics about your project as well as detect and report all types of errors.

Bill

On May 23 2021, at 02:43 PM waltonnz wrote:

Is there such a thing as a plugin that will detect incorrect dates? For example I've just found an individual on my database with a birth date of 1922 and a death date of 1022, obviously a typo error on my part. There are probably others and I'd like to detect them if possible.
Patricia

Mike Tate

Specifically aimed at dates, there is the standard Query ‘Fact Date Warnings’.

Sue Langabeer

Hello Bill,  I am really new to this - where would I find this plug in - I have Family Historian 7  -  sorry to bother you

On 23 May 2021 at 23:01 BillH <bhtemp99@...> wrote:

Patricia,

The plugin Show Project Statistics will show you statistics about your project as well as detect and report all types of errors.

Bill

On May 23 2021, at 02:43 PM waltonnz wrote:

Is there such a thing as a plugin that will detect incorrect dates? For example I've just found an individual on my database with a birth date of 1922 and a death date of 1022, obviously a typo error on my part. There are probably others and I'd like to detect them if possible.
Patricia

Mike Tate

Bill is in USA and fast asleep just now.

Published Plugins are in the FH online Plugin Store.

Use Tools > Plugins… and click the Plugin Store… button.

See the FHUG Knowledge Base ‘Family Historian Plugins’ for details:

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/family-historian-plugins/

Mike Tate

waltonnz

Thank you Mike, that's very handy to know.
Patricia

On Mon, 24 May 2021 at 21:01, Mike Tate <post@...> wrote:

Specifically aimed at dates, there is the standard Query ‘Fact Date Warnings’.

waltonnz

Thank you Mike. I'm in NZ and just heading off for my bed. I did know how to download the plugins, just not if there was one available for what I needed. The one Bill recommended found many errors in my very large database. The query, as recommended by you has also found many discrepancies. I'm grateful to you both for your help.
Patricia

On Mon, 24 May 2021 at 21:26, Mike Tate <post@...> wrote:

Bill is in USA and fast asleep just now.

Published Plugins are in the FH online Plugin Store.

Use Tools > Plugins… and click the Plugin Store… button.

See the FHUG Knowledge Base ‘Family Historian Plugins’ for details:

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/family-historian-plugins/

Mike Tate

waltonnz

Actually Mike, I think you may have been trying to answer Sue Langabeer who was wanting to find the same plugin.
Patricia

On Mon, 24 May 2021 at 21:26, Mike Tate <post@...> wrote:

Bill is in USA and fast asleep just now.

Published Plugins are in the FH online Plugin Store.

Use Tools > Plugins… and click the Plugin Store… button.

See the FHUG Knowledge Base ‘Family Historian Plugins’ for details:

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/family-historian-plugins/

Yes, but on this open forum the questions and answers go to everyone.

Actually Mike, I think you may have been trying to answer Sue Langabeer who was wanting to find the same plugin.

Patricia

On Mon, 24 May 2021 at 21:26, Mike Tate <post@...> wrote:

Bill is in USA and fast asleep just now.

Published Plugins are in the FH online Plugin Store.

Use Tools > Plugins… and click the Plugin Store… button.

See the FHUG Knowledge Base ‘Family Historian Plugins’ for details:

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/family-historian-plugins/

Mike Tate

Sue Langabeer

Many thanks for that Mike

On 24 May 2021 at 10:26 Mike Tate <post@...> wrote:

Bill is in USA and fast asleep just now.

Published Plugins are in the FH online Plugin Store.

Use Tools > Plugins… and click the Plugin Store… button.

See the FHUG Knowledge Base ‘Family Historian Plugins’ for details:

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/family-historian-plugins/

Mike Tate

waltonnz

Mike, sorry I hadn't thought of that.
Patricia

On Mon, 24 May 2021 at 23:03, Mike Tate <post@...> wrote:

Yes, but on this open forum the questions and answers go to everyone.

Actually Mike, I think you may have been trying to answer Sue Langabeer who was wanting to find the same plugin.

Patricia

View/Reply Online (#3809) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [walton.patricia@...]

_._,_._,_