Custom ID

Robert

I’ve managed to use the Custom ID in the Individual Property Box, and renamed it as ‘LDS ID’.  Although it takes a whole line up, it works well. I was wondering whether it could be moved up to the Captions bar alongside the Individual ID?

Mike Tate

Yes, on the Property Box cog Menu choose Options… instead of Customize Property Box...

Click the Captions… button and in the Individual template add LDS: %INDI.REFN%

If you don’t want LDS: shown when there is no Custom Id value then use:

=CombineText(“LDS: “,%INDI.REFN%,,)

Mike Tate

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert via groups.io
Sent: 25 February 2021 11:47
To: Family Historian Groups.io Mailing List <family-historian@groups.io>
Subject: [family-historian] Custom ID

I’ve managed to use the Custom ID in the Individual Property Box, and renamed it as ‘LDS ID’.  Although it takes a whole line up, it works well. I was wondering whether it could be moved up to the Captions bar alongside the Individual ID?

Robert

Thank you Mike!

On Thursday, February 25, 2021, 12:20, Mike Tate <post@...> wrote:

Yes, on the Property Box cog Menu choose Options… instead of Customize Property Box...

Click the Captions… button and in the Individual template add LDS: %INDI.REFN%

If you don’t want LDS: shown when there is no Custom Id value then use:

=CombineText(“LDS: “,%INDI.REFN%,,)

Mike Tate

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert via groups.io
Sent: 25 February 2021 11:47
To: Family Historian Groups.io Mailing List <family-historian@groups.io>
Subject: [family-historian] Custom ID

Kathy Bergman <kathy@...>

Robert - I've been trying to do with with "Military."  I have found the Custom ID box, but when I choose a new tab, give it the name Military, it tells me:  "Only tabs that can be customized are listed" -- and none show up.  How did you get yours to create?  I must be missing an important step....

Mike Tate

Hi Kathy,

The first step is to use the Property Box cog Menu > Customize Property Box… command.

Then use More Tab Tasks… and New Tab… where you can create the Military tab.

There you must untick ‘Show most commonly-used items’ and add <Custom Item> that can use %INDI.REFN% for the Custom Id field.

Presumably, you will be adding many more fields than that to the Military tab otherwise it is not worth creating a tab for one field.

Mike Tate

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Kathy Bergman
Sent: 25 February 2021 18:34
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Custom ID

Robert - I've been trying to do with with "Military."  I have found the Custom ID box, but when I choose a new tab, give it the name Military, it tells me:  "Only tabs that can be customized are listed" -- and none show up.  How did you get yours to create?  I must be missing an important step....

Robert

Kathy - I haven’t used the Custom ID as a Tab. I just used it as an item in the Main Tab of the Individual Property Box, just beneath the Name item, so I could keep a check on what people I have on FamilySearch (LDS).

If you go to Customize Property Box, then send the Custom ID item across to the Selected Items column, then move it up or down to where you want it. (I moved mine to just below the Name item). Having done that, I double clicked the Custom ID item, which let me edit the label. I changed it to LDS ID:.

Robert

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Thursday, February 25, 2021, 18:34, Kathy Bergman <kathy@...> wrote:

Kathy Bergman <kathy@...>

Thank you, Mike and Robert!