custom diagrams & reports

Stella Phillips

Hello
I have managed, how I don't quite know, to have lost /deleted the custom diagram & custom report, probably as a result of doing things too late at night! Can anyone suggest how I might be able to reinstate them? Thank you

Stella Phillips

Mike Tate

Hi Stella,
I don't understand how you could have deleted a custom diagram or report by accident.
You have to select the Delete option, choose the diagram/report, click Delete, and then click OK in the confirmation popup. Did you
really do all that?

Have you perhaps moved to a new PC, or reinstalled FH, or something similar?

It is unlikely you can reinstate them if you have not used any of the following backup methods.
File > Import/Export > Export > Diagram/Report Type... to save in the Public folder.
Run 'Backup and Restore Family Historian Settings' plugin.
Please use them in future.

Mike Tate

-----Original Message-----
From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Stella Phillips
Sent: 03 February 2021 21:20
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: [family-historian] custom diagrams & reports

Hello
I have managed, how I don't quite know, to have lost /deleted the custom diagram & custom report, probably as a result of doing
things too late at night! Can anyone suggest how I might be able to reinstate them?
Thank you

Stella Phillips

Lorna Craig

Stella, when you created diagrams using your custom diagram type did you ever save any of them as Family Historian Charts?   If so, you should be able to recover the settings by opening one of those saved charts and using Diagram > Save Diagram As > Custom Diagram Type.   Otherwise unless you have backups of the customisations as Mike mentioned you will need to recreate them.

When you originally created the custom diagram and report did you remember to save them as a Custom Diagram Type and a Custom Report Type?   Or did you just modify one of the standard types without saving?   If you had only modified some standard types then they can easily be lost if you ever hit the button to Restore Defaults.   Could that be what happened?

Lorna

On 03/02/2021 21:20, Stella Phillips wrote:
Hello
I have managed, how I don't quite know, to have lost /deleted the custom diagram & custom report, probably as a result of doing things too late at night!  Can anyone suggest how I might be able to reinstate them?  Thank you