Creating Charts and Reports / Spreadsheets - Names, Birth Dates, Marriage Anniversary Dates, Death Dates

Dee

Hi

Hope all are well.

I have just joined the group and have a few questions regarding the charts and reports / spreadsheets from Family Historian V7.

1) 1)  Is it possible to create and print in PDF a chart that has the following conditions:

·         Name of deceased

·         Death date of deceased

·         Birth date of deceased

·         Names of living people only (ie: no birth dates or marriage dates)

I have tried to create a chart in this way from the charts that are included in the software package but cannot find a chart like this. How do I go about doing this?

2) 2)  I would like to create a report and spreadsheet from the software that shows the following details:

1. Report / Spreadsheet 1 in month, day, year order:

·         Names of couple

·         Marriage Anniversary day

·         Marriage Anniversary Month

·         Marriage Anniversary Year

2. Report / Spreadsheet 2 in month, day, year order:

·         Name of Deceased,

·         Death date of deceased day

·         death date of deceased month

·         death date of deceased year

·         Birth date of deceased day

·         Birth date of deceased month

·         Birth date of deceased year
Is there a way to be able to extract this information from the family tree? How can I do this?

If anyone knows how to do the above, then I would appreciate it if you could please let me know.

Thank you and kind regards

Mike Tate

Welcome,

In FH the term Charts refers to family tree diagrams, whereas I think you are talking about spreadsheet-style tables of rows and columns.

All your reports can be created and saved in PDF using custom Queries, so investigate the Query toolbar item.

See also the FHUG Knowledge Base “An Overview of Queries”

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/an-overview-of-queries/

1) and 2) 2 would need an Individual Query whereas 2) 1 would need a Family Query

After reviewing Queries you will probably have more questions.

Dee

1) 1)  Is it possible to create and print in PDF a chart that has the following conditions:

·         Name of deceased

·         Death date of deceased

·         Birth date of deceased

·         Names of living people only (ie: no birth dates or marriage dates)

I have tried to create a chart in this way from the charts that are included in the software package but cannot find a chart like this. How do I go about doing this?

Hi,

Thank you for the information. I was able to do the last two spreadsheet style tables.

However, for number 1, I am looking to create a chart (Family Tree Diagram) with the above quoted conditions. How can I proceed with this?

Thank you and kind regards

Mike Tate

To achieve those conditions for text in the Diagram Boxes you need to focus on the Diagram Text Scheme.

On the Diagram > Options > Text tab, choose a Text Scheme that is close to what you need.

The default Birth, Marr, Death is probably a good choice.

Use the Clone… button to create a copy that you can customise, and call it perhaps Deceased Birth & Death.

Now use Edit Text Scheme… so you can edit the Items you want to be displayed in the boxes.

The first thing to do is delete the Baptism, Marriage, Spouse Name & Burial items by clicking the X Delete button lower right.

The next step is to make the Birth item conditional on the person having died.

So select Birth and click Edit below, then change the Template to the following:

=TextIf( Exists(%INDI.DEAT%), FactText(%INDI.BIRT%,"CT","E_Born: _ in _"), )

In other words, only if a Death fact exists should the Birth fact be included.

Finally, click OK three times and that is your conditions

Whenever you want that box text select that custom Text Scheme named Deceased Birth & Death.

1) 1)  Is it possible to create and print in PDF a chart that has the following conditions:

·         Name of deceased

·         Death date of deceased

·         Birth date of deceased

·         Names of living people only (ie: no birth dates or marriage dates)

I have tried to create a chart in this way from the charts that are included in the software package but cannot find a chart like this. How do I go about doing this?

Hi,

Thank you for the information. I was able to do the last two spreadsheet style tables.

However, for number 1, I am looking to create a chart (Family Tree Diagram) with the above quoted conditions. How can I proceed with this?

Thank you and kind regards

Dee

It works!

Thank you very much!