Converting Facts

David Hodgson-Brown

Hi All

When I started using FH a couple of months ago a residence (family) fact didn’t exist. This appeared to have been added in the latest version. I have a problem that I started to use census (family) to add shared residences.

Is it possible to convert from census to residence easily?  Maybe search and replace in the gedcom, or via an plugin?

Thanks

David Hodgson-Brown

Julia Vokes

Hi
I’m running v6 of FH and have a custom event joint residence which I use for the husband and wife.  For the children I use the supplied residence event as often children don’t live with their parents.  At least in my tree!

Regards
Julia

On 18 Apr 2021, at 20:52, David Hodgson-Brown <dave@...> wrote:

Hi All

When I started using FH a couple of months ago a residence (family) fact didn’t exist. This appeared to have been added in the latest version. I have a problem that I started to use census (family) to add shared residences.

Is it possible to convert from census to residence easily?  Maybe search and replace in the gedcom, or via an plugin?

Thanks

David Hodgson-Brown

Mike Tate

Hi David,

Yes, you can use the Change Any Facts Tag plugin from the Plugin Store.

Run the Plugin and switch to the Family Records tab before choosing the Source and Target facts.

Mike Tate

David Hodgson-Brown

Thanks. I have found a way editing the gedcom, but this sounds much easier and safer.