Convert an Individual fact type into a family fact type.

Phillip Leslie

Hi everyone,

I have recently migrated from TMG and after spending many weeks of tidying up my data in FH have just identified a problem with some information that I record for Marriage-Registrations (as well as the actual marriage).  This was configured in TMG as a Marriage tag but has converted into FH as an individual fact type, I have 640 records of these records. There is always a witness record for both the Groom & Bride.

I would like to convert them from individual facts (Marr-Reg) into family facts (p-Mar-Reg) as this appears to be more logical in FH, and I can maintain them as shared-events using the individual's Property Box main tab, however I can find no way of converting them.

Does anyone have any suggestions, such as plug-ins, export/import, etc, other than manually re-entering all 640 records (and source citations)?

Or worse case scenario any suggestions on making a change to TMG and then re-importing and cleaning up my data again?

Many Thanks

Phillip

Phillip

Mike Tate

Hi Phillip,

The only way to perform that conversion in FH is with a custom Plugin.

It needs to identify the pair of Individual Marr-Reg facts and merge them into a single Family Marr-Reg fact without the Bride & Groom Fact Witnesses, but retaining all the other fact details including Source Citations.

The easiest way to progress down that road is in the FHUG Plugin Discussion Forum: https://www.fhug.org.uk/forum/

Then it is easier to exchange screenshots and prototype Plugin Attachments than via these Emails.

Regards, Mike Tate

[...]

Thanks for the advice Mike.  I have now created a discussion in FHUG.

Kind Regards,