Coloured boxes in family trees

Roger Evans

Is there any way I can trace back on an individuals "whole family Tree" within a family group sheet and colour only the boxes of the individuals direct lineage or do I have to do this manually and if so how?  I would like to work forward from a common ancestor to that individual'

Lorna Craig

As you want to work forward from a common ancestor to that individual you don't need to mark the entire lineage, just the particular branch between the individual and that ancestor.  You can do this with the Family Connection Mapper.

With the diagram open, use Diagram>Family Connection Mapper then click the Help button in the small dialog box, to read the relevant section from the Help files which explains what can be done and how it can be used.

Lorna

On 07/04/2021 18:56, Roger Evans via groups.io wrote:
Is there any way I can trace back on an individuals "whole family Tree" within a family group sheet and colour only the boxes of the individuals direct lineage or do I have to do this manually and if so how?  I would like to work forward from a common ancestor to that individual'

Lorna Craig

P.S. As you will see from the Help file, one of the uses of the mapper is to select all the boxes on a route, so that, for example, you can then format the colour, appearance and style of those particular boxes using the Override Box Feature Dialog.  I think this is what you want to do.

On 07/04/2021 19:53, Lorna Craig via groups.io wrote:

As you want to work forward from a common ancestor to that individual you don't need to mark the entire lineage, just the particular branch between the individual and that ancestor.  You can do this with the Family Connection Mapper.

With the diagram open, use Diagram>Family Connection Mapper then click the Help button in the small dialog box, to read the relevant section from the Help files which explains what can be done and how it can be used.

Lorna

On 07/04/2021 18:56, Roger Evans via groups.io wrote:
Is there any way I can trace back on an individuals "whole family Tree" within a family group sheet and colour only the boxes of the individuals direct lineage or do I have to do this manually and if so how?  I would like to work forward from a common ancestor to that individual'

Roger Evans

Lorna,  Thank you for your help -- I'll be trying that.    Roger