Citation for Parish Register

Mike Heseltine <noguru48@...>

I have a large number of Heseltines in the Aysgarth Parish Registers. Ideally I would like to show the Parish Register as the source and then produce seperate citations to the register.  The template seems to b driving towards producing a separate source for each record. What is the best way to avoid producing what will be probably a 100+ seperate sources from this one register?

Mike Tate

Most of the predefined Source Templates are Method 1 ‘splitter’ style Source Citations.

They are the recommended way to record documents where transcripts or media are needed especially if multiple Citations per record.

They also offer better options for EE style citations when exporting to other products such as TNG.

The advantage of Method 1 is that all the details regarding one source document are all together in one Source record, which is useful if any change is needed, rather than finding all the Citations to change.

What is wrong with 100+ separate sources?

Nobody ever worries about 1000+ separate records for each Individual, or each Family, or each Media file.

So why worry about separate records for each source document?

FH is very good at handling large numbers of records.

Mike Tate