Changing text of individual report

Jorge Planas Campos

I am trying to change the individual report to Spanish, but I find I cannot change the sentence regarding the number of children a couple had ("had the following children") to a sentence in Spanish. Is is somehow possible? 

Mike Tate

No, I am sorry, but there are several such English phrases in Reports that cannot be customised.

In the FHUG Forums there have been many discussions about automatically translating to foreign languages but without success.

The best solution so far is to save the Report as a PDF and submit it to a free online translation service such as Google Translate.

Regards, Mike Tate

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of jorgeplanas@...
Sent: 24 May 2020 12:56
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: [family-historian] Changing text of individual report

I am trying to change the individual report to Spanish, but I find I cannot change the sentence regarding the number of children a couple had ("had the following children") to a sentence in Spanish. Is is somehow possible? 

,_._,_

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Jorge Planas Campos

Thank you Mike, I’m a newbie with this program (previously TMG fan). Another question: how to change a Fact? Imagine I wrote up a Death fact when it really should be a Burial: do I have to make a new one and delete the old one or is there a simple way to change from Death to Burial?

Jorge

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike Tate
Sent: domingo, 24 de mayo de 2020 17:19
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Changing text of individual report

No, I am sorry, but there are several such English phrases in Reports that cannot be customised.

In the FHUG Forums there have been many discussions about automatically translating to foreign languages but without success.

The best solution so far is to save the Report as a PDF and submit it to a free online translation service such as Google Translate.

Regards, Mike Tate

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of jorgeplanas@...

,_._,_

Mike Tate

Jorge, when starting a new topic could you please start a new posting with a new Subject otherwise it gets confusing.

If there is very little associated data such as Witnesses and Citations then the easiest is to enter the new one and delete the old one.

Otherwise, you need to use the Change Any Fact Tag Plugin, but start a new posting if you need more detailed advice.

BTW: Do you know there is much advice in the FHUG Knowledge Base for migrating your database from TMG to FH?

Regards, Mike Tate

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Jorge Planas Campos
Sent: 24 May 2020 16:22

Thank you Mike, I’m a newbie with this program (previously TMG fan). Another question: how to change a Fact? Imagine I wrote up a Death fact when it really should be a Burial: do I have to make a new one and delete the old one or is there a simple way to change from Death to Burial?

Jorge

Jorge Planas Campos

Thanks for the advice and sorry for being so dumb! I had no problems in transferring from TMG to FH, it’s the wonderful report writing feature  that I have trouble with.
Jorge

On 24 May 2020, at 17:45, Mike Tate <post@...> wrote:

Jorge, when starting a new topic could you please start a new posting with a new Subject otherwise it gets confusing.

If there is very little associated data such as Witnesses and Citations then the easiest is to enter the new one and delete the old one.

Otherwise, you need to use the Change Any Fact Tag Plugin, but start a new posting if you need more detailed advice.

BTW: Do you know there is much advice in the FHUG Knowledge Base for migrating your database from TMG to FH?

Regards, Mike Tate

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Jorge Planas Campos

Jorge

Mike Tate

If there is very little associated data such as Witnesses and Citations then the easiest is to delete the old fact and enter the new one.

Regards, Mike Tate

Jorge

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike Tate
Sent: domingo, 24 de mayo de 2020 17:19

Regards, Mike Tate

,_._,_