Changing directory for saved projects

mikepowell1949 <private@...>

Hi all
just joined the group happy to meet you.  Can anybody suggest how to change the location of saved files.  Currently they are under /documents/, however I would like to save them on my OneDrive so they get constantly backed up.... Any ideas welcome

kind regards

colevalleygirl@colevalleygirl.co.uk

Move your projects to the location you choose within OneDrive, and then within FH use File > Profect Window... > More Tasks... > Project List > Choose Location for Projects...

There’s some advice wotrh reading at Synchronising Family Historian between 2 PCs – Family Historian User Group (fhug.org.uk) about using OneDrive with FH.

Paul Gaskell

Hi Mike

There was a discussion about putting projects into the cloud a couple of weeks’ ago. The group archives are at :-

family-historian@groups.io | Home

https://groups.io/g/family-historian

If you review the February and March 2022 messages - accessed by clicking in the hyperlinked 98 and 74 at the bottom of the page - you might find something that is helpful.

Best wishes.

Paul