Census Expressions

Neil Grantham

Hi all

Does FH use INDI.CENS for the 1939 Register?

I ask as I have used this for showing flags on diagrams and columns in the Records window, which works correctly for 1841 to 1921, but is not working for the 1939 Register.

I am using this expression for both

=IsTrue(%INDI.CENS[year=1939].SOUR>_TYPE% = "Census")

Many Thanks

Neil.

--
Neil Grantham
-------------------

Trevor Rix

I use %INDI.CENS[year=1939]%

Brian Horridge

Neil
I personally did not think the 1939 Register should be classed as  census event so I created my own Custom event but I think I might be in the minority.
FH itself is not fussy either way but I believe Ancestral Sources generates INDI.CENS facts.
Brian

Sent via BT Email App

Does FH use INDI.CENS for the 1939 Register?

I ask as I have used this for showing flags on diagrams and columns in the Records window, which works correctly for 1841 to 1921, but is not working for the 1939 Register.

I am using this expression for both

=IsTrue(%INDI.CENS[year=1939].SOUR>_TYPE% = "Census")

Many Thanks

Neil.

--
Neil Grantham
-------------------
Using FH 7 & AS 7

Neil Grantham

Actually just realised that the 1939 expression is working!

I just sorted on that column to find I have got ticks in it.

I use Ancestral Sources to add census facts, and just added my paternal grandparents 1921 census, so it shows the 1921 flag now, but not the 1939, where I do have 1939 facts. Pretty sure I used AS to add them for this event, so perhaps I missed setting something in AS at the time.

Can I now add that flag to the fact?

Best Wishes

Neil.

Does FH use INDI.CENS for the 1939 Register?

I ask as I have used this for showing flags on diagrams and columns in the Records window, which works correctly for 1841 to 1921, but is not working for the 1939 Register.

I am using this expression for both

=IsTrue(%INDI.CENS[year=1939].SOUR>_TYPE% = "Census")

Many Thanks

Neil.

--
Neil Grantham
Using FH 7 & AS 7

Nick Walker (Ancestral Sources)

Hi Neil

You can use the Tools->Flag Assignment screen to assign a flag to the 1939 register and the Tools->Flag Batch Add screen to add them to people linked to existing 1939 sources.

Cheers

Nick