Backup & Restore Family Historian Settings

Anne Algar

I downloaded the above plugin at the end of April and ran it this week before upgrading from FH6 to FH7 and applying the 7.0.5. upgrade.  Today I've opened FH7 for the first time and went to run the plugin again to restore my settings but am getting a message that starts "The selected plugin has been disabled as the technology it uses .... ".

​Some of my settings are still displayed, e.g. columns added to Individual Records list, but others aren't e.g. fields / tabs added to the Property Box. Does this mean I've lost all other settings, and will need to try and remember what I had set, or what?

Anne

Trevor Rix

You need to download and install the latest version of that plugin, which is now compatible with both FH v6 and FH v7.

Mike Tate

You cannot use backups of FH v6 settings to restore into FH v7 as they are different.

They are only useful if you wanted to return to using FH v6.

When FH v7 is installed over FH v6 it automatically inherits most of your settings.

There is a Help page in FH v7 that explains how to recover Property Box tabs.

See Help > Family Historian Help > Notes on Upgrading to Version 7:

https://www.family-historian.co.uk/help/fh7/hh_start.htm#notesforupgradingusers.html

Important Notes on Restoring Property Box Customizations

Mike Tate

Dennis

Hi Anne.

when I went from FH 6 to FH7 Igor a message to upgrade my v6 to v7. All my settings were transferred over. Maybe the plug-in when you received that message/warning glitched. Anyway, did you receive the upgrade message I referred to?

I would delete the project from v7 and reload your v6 directly into 7. It should load/convert normally. At least it did for me.

regards Dennis

Mike Tate

It is nothing to do with installing the latest version of the Plugin.

See the Help page: Notes on Upgrading to Version 7 that explains about re-enabling Plugins.