Backup not working correctly

Mark Glinister

Good evening,

I have been having problems when backing up FH.  The progress bar goes so far then stops and a message appears saying that FH has stopped working.  The data that has been entered appears to be correct when I go into the program again. Could it be that the computer is a new one and that the data transfer from the old one is corrupted somehow, maybe multiple locations for media files?  I'm just clutching at straws now.  Any advice would be great.  Thank you.

Mark Glinister

Robert Jordan

Mark
Does it say that FH has stopped working or that FH "is not responding" if it is the latter wait for a while.and it should complete. I have had that too and for some reason it takes longer that one expects
Robert

On Mon, 13 Sept 2021 at 08:10, Mark Glinister via groups.io <m.glinister=ntlworld.com@groups.io> wrote:

Good evening,

I have been having problems when backing up FH.  The progress bar goes so far then stops and a message appears saying that FH has stopped working.  The data that has been entered appears to be correct when I go into the program again. Could it be that the computer is a new one and that the data transfer from the old one is corrupted somehow, maybe multiple locations for media files?  I'm just clutching at straws now.  Any advice would be great.  Thank you.

Mark Glinister

Mike Tate

Mark,

Can you please confirm some further details? Please answer as many of these questions as possible.

What FH Version are you using? (There are some know backup issues with earlier versions.)

Exactly what backup command are you using?

What is the backup filepath where the backup is being saved and what type of device is that?

How large is the backup ZIP file that gets produced?

Exactly what is the error message?

Is it “Stopped Working” or is it “Not Responding” and where does it appear?

Has this backup worked OK previously on either the old PC or the new PC?

How did you migrate your data from the old PC to the new PC?

The more background you can provide the quicker this problem can be resolved.

Mike Tate

Mark Glinister

Thanks for replying.  I am using the current up to date version, and it seems to working OK now!  I have saved a full project to a separate hard drive and also to my computer and fingers crossed it looks alright.  Anything else happens, I'll let you know!  Thanks