Anomalous ages appearing after birth date

John Ball

I've just experienced what appears to be a bug in the latest version of FH - 7.0.7

I was adding two children to the couple shown on the screen shot below. As soon as I added the children's birth dates, FH added a spurious age after each of the children's birth dates (which I've high-lighted in a red box). This occurs both for exact dates and for quarter dates. As far as I can see, none of the pre-existing individuals or families are affected in this way.

Has anyone else experienced this anomaly? I'm running FH on an HP desktop operating under Windows 10 Home, version 20H2

John

colevalleygirl@colevalleygirl.co.uk

FH is displaying a calculated current age based on their birth date (just as it displays a calculated date for every other event in their life (where an explicit date isn't provided) if you to to the Facts tab in their Property  Box).

Mike Tate

That calculated (age: xx) today is replaced by (aged xx) when a Death or Burial event is added.

Note the small difference in format between (age: xx) today and (aged xx) at death.

Lorna Craig

If you don't want the ages to be displayed in the Focus window, click the small 'Customize View' link at the top right and untick Ages, then click OK.  (You can also get to this Preferences window using Tools>Preferences>Focus Window.)

On 04/07/2021 13:12, Mike Tate wrote:

That calculated (age: xx) today is replaced by (aged xx) when a Death or Burial event is added.

Note the small difference in format between (age: xx) today and (aged xx) at death.

John Ball

Thank you Lorna; thank you Mike.

Of course! What a plonker I am!

I must say, I've been using FH since its first version way back when, and I must have seen this happen over and over again - whenever I've entered the birth-dates of new individuals before entering their death dates - and I've never queried it before.

Must be a sign of old age!

Thanks again,

John

PS I've unticked "Ages" in the Customize View menu, as you suggest Lorna. Thanks for that, too.