From: Jane JAMES
Sent: 10 January 2022 17:04
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: [family-historian] adding individual to census record

Hi
I am using the latest version of FH.
I have created a census source using 'create source from template' and the data entry assistant. I have subsequently realized that the family extended over two pages of the enumerator's book and I have failed to enter two people from the second page when originally creating the source. I have now added extra lines to the table in the text from source screen but without the record link (hyperlink) and have manually added the facts 'census' and 'occupation'  in the individuals' property boxes.  I suspect this means the additional individuals will not appear in some reports. Is there a way of editing the original source so that the individuals are hyperlinked or should I delete the source and reenter it.
Jane

Mike Tate

If you edit the Text From Source in the Source record again you can add the hyperlink to each Individual.

Use the paperclip Icon in the toolbar to add a link to each Individual in place of just their names.

Also, each Census and Occupation fact you added needs a Source Citation to link it to the Source record.

Find a Census Event for one of the other people and in the Source For Citation List pane use the Copy Citation to Source Clipboard button.

Then for each new Census and Occupation fact use the Paste Citation from Source Clipboard button.