From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of John Hanson via groups.io
Sent: 04 January 2022 10:31
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: [family-historian] Ancestral Cources

Several have talked of running v7.2.7 but mine says in is currently V7.2.4 and the latest version

Which is the latest version and if it is 7.2.7 where can I get it?

Regards
John Hanson - researching the Halstead/Holstead/Alstead names Researcher, the Halsted Trust - https://www.halsted.org.uk Research
website - https://www.halstedresearch.org.uk

John Hanson

Hilary

Thanks – found it eventually and now installed 7.2.7

Would be nice though if my old 7.2.4 hadn’t said that it was the latest!

Do we know if Nick is producing a 1921 template or not

Seems silly lots of us developing our own if there is going to be one from Nick

Regards

John Hanson FSG

Mine is 7.2.7 updated from the FHUG website.

Lorna Craig

This question has been asked in the FHUG forum.  There is no word yet from Nick but someone else has developed one (for which they invite suggestions for improvements).  See https://www.fhug.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=20123

Thanks – found it eventually and now installed 7.2.7

Would be nice though if my old 7.2.4 hadn’t said that it was the latest!

Do we know if Nick is producing a 1921 template or not

Seems silly lots of us developing our own if there is going to be one from Nick

Regards

John Hanson FSG

Mike Tate

See the FHUG Forum for Ancestral Sources where 1921 Census Templates are being discussed.

Thanks – found it eventually and now installed 7.2.7

Would be nice though if my old 7.2.4 hadn’t said that it was the latest!

Do we know if Nick is producing a 1921 template or not

Seems silly lots of us developing our own if there is going to be one from Nick

Regards

John Hanson FSG

Trevor Rix

Neil Grantham

Trevor

They are two different beasts. The first link is to Mike Tait's plugin (v5.0) that runs from FH and opens AS program, the other links are to the AS (v7.2.7) program itself.

Mike - on my PC, I have AS 7.2.4, whereas 7.2.7 is available, but AS does NOT prompt for you to update and Help>Check For Updates tells you that you have the latest version!

Best Wishes

Neil.