From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of waltonnz
Sent: 10 December 2021 21:50
To: Family Historian <family-historian@groups.io>
Subject: [family-historian] Records List

I used to be able to display a record in the Property box by a single click on a record in the records list. Now I have to double click. I found the other method handy as I could click on one record and used my up/down arrows to display other records on the Property Box and flip through them quickly. Is there any way I can revert to a single click. I have the latest update for FH.

Patricia

waltonnz

Thank you for your response Mike. When I click the Property Box is already open and, as you say, a single click should update the record, but now it doesn't. I have to double click and using the up/down arrows has no effect. If FH hasn't changed, then it must be something on my computer that's changed. Yes, I was aware you could now click anywhere on a record name to update.
Patricia

On Sat, 11 Dec 2021 at 11:25, Mike Tate <post@...> wrote:

If the Property Box is closed, I don’t think you could ever single-click a record to open the Property Box.

It always needed a double-click to open the Property Box initially.

Once the Property Box is open then by selecting any record with either single-click or up/down arrows the contents of the Property Box will update to the selected record. It has always been that way.

What has changed in FH v7.0.9 is that clicking anywhere on the row will select the record whereas before you had to click the Record name on the left.

Mike Tate