Person edit screen

Mike Tate

Only to differentiate custom Attributes from other facts.

Edward Sneithe

FH 7 fixed one of my import errors that I was fixing by editing the GEDCOM. I tried creating a new fact that was an event and the colon does not appear with that.

Is there any practical use that I can put this to??

Mike Tate

I imagine you are talking about the Facts tab of the Property Box of Individual records.

The colons separate the fact Label from its Value for your custom Attributes.

If you check the lower pane for each fact you will see a similar Label with a colon and its Attribute Value.

The facts without colons are either standard Facts (Events and Attributes) or custom Events.

Mike Tate