Relationship Report

fogies@...

Ian/Mike, many thanks.... and I'm very impressed with speed of your responces.

Although I was somewhat sceptical (as I have been the Root Person for years and whenever I've used "Go to File Root" it always went to my record) I tried your solution first Mike.  I was not expecting success but, I'm sure you're ahead of me here, it worked for both the standard "Relationship to Root" column and the new "Relationship" solution column as set out earlier in this topic. Lesson for me? Never discount the obvious, always double check. Doh!

As Mike's solution resolved my issue I had no need to persue your suggestion Ian...but, again, thanks for responding.

Mike S

Mike Tate

It sounds like you have no File Root person defined.

In the Focus Window, select the person who should be File Root, right-click their box and choose Make File Root.

Mike Tate

Ian Thirlwell

This is the expresssion I have had for that column through several upgrades & updates & it is working fine:

=Relationship(FileRoot())

Ian

I have v7.0.5 and migrated from V6 some time ago. I have the Relationship to Root column in the Records Window which previously showed relationships but now the column is totally blank: it would seem that I have no relations! 🤔

I tried removing the column and then replacing it but still nothing showed up. I then tried the fix (enter Relationship To Root in the Header box, and enter =Relationship(FileRoot(),,TEXT,1) in the Expression box. Add.) but all this did was enter another blank column.

Can anyone help resolve this?

Many thanks
_._,_._,_

fogies@...

I have v7.0.5 and migrated from V6 some time ago. I have the Relationship to Root column in the Records Window which previously showed relationships but now the column is totally blank: it would seem that I have no relations! 🤔

I tried removing the column and then replacing it but still nothing showed up. I then tried the fix (enter Relationship To Root in the Header box, and enter =Relationship(FileRoot(),,TEXT,1) in the Expression box. Add.) but all this did was enter another blank column.

Can anyone help resolve this?

Many thanks

1399ducksbury@...

Thanks so much guys, just what I needed to show relationships.

Never had any reason to do queries before, but will explore in the future.

Dave

Trevor Rix

Select Query Window on the Toolbar, select "Relations and 5 Nearest Relationships" from the dropdown list of queries that are already provided in Family Historian.

Trevor Rix

In the Records Window, right click a blank area in a column header > Configure Columns...

If "Relationship To Root" is not already showing in the left pane, scroll down to the bottom, select Other, click the > in the centre, enter Relationship To Root in the Header box, and enter =Relationship(FileRoot(),,TEXT,1) in the Expression box. Add. Move Relationship To Root up to your preferred position. OK.

gen@malmail.co.uk

I’ve not used expressions before, is there a step by step idiots guide to adding a “Relationship to Root” column?

Or the “ Relations & 5 nearest

Thanks

Malchal

Trevor Rix

Use the "Relations and 5 Nearest Re3lationships" query, OR add a "Relationship To Root" column in the Records Window using expression =Relationship(FileRoot(),,TEXT,1)

1399ducksbury@...

In TMG, there was a report that listed all the relationship of a specified person, i.e. 1st cousin 2 cousin 3X removed, 4X great grandfather, etc. etc. I have looked all thru FH Ver 6 and can not seem to find anything.

Is there a comparable report in FH6?

Thanks Dave Browne