text from source print

Mike Tate

I’m unclear why this topic has started talking about images when it is focussed on wide Text From Source tables of text.

Victor Markham

I never re size any image when I add them to FH. When I do a narrative report and save them in RTF then again in Word. These images appear as a small size and I make them larger when in Word format. I load census images on to FH by rotating them so they appear in Word as a portrait format. In word I increase the size to cover the A4 page so the names are readable

Victor

On 22/04/2021 6:27 am, Geoffrey Knott wrote:

I don't know if this idea is of any interest, but before attaching an image of any document into FH, I re-size it so that is will fit onto A4 if I ever decide to print it.

On 21/04/2021 17:38, Edward Sneithe via groups.io wrote:
I have been using the text from source option in FH 7.0.3 and this is quite useful. Many of my census records are not the best quality so attaching an image is not as useful as I would like. This is a great reference tool. I was trying to get a print of the census record as I entered it but so far I have not been able to get a complete record on a page. I tried landscape and legal size paper but the complete record is not there. It runs off the end of a page.

Any way to get this printed?

Adrian Bruce

Always difficult for me to imagine stuff like this in my head, but I suspect that "fixing it" is non trivial. If you try to imagine creating an over-wide document in a Word Processor, there are all sorts of things that you can do, but no universal technique. I often turned that bit of the text into landscape mode and dropped the font size. And that assumes that there is a way of putting the whole "table" onto one sheet of paper anyway. If not...

Adrian

Geoffrey Knott

I don't know if this idea is of any interest, but before attaching an image of any document into FH, I re-size it so that is will fit onto A4 if I ever decide to print it.

On 21/04/2021 17:38, Edward Sneithe via groups.io wrote:
I have been using the text from source option in FH 7.0.3 and this is quite useful. Many of my census records are not the best quality so attaching an image is not as useful as I would like. This is a great reference tool. I was trying to get a print of the census record as I entered it but so far I have not been able to get a complete record on a page. I tried landscape and legal size paper but the complete record is not there. It runs off the end of a page.

Any way to get this printed?

Edward Sneithe

Thank you Mike.

I'm sure CP will fix it at some point. In the meantime it is still a great tool

Mike Tate

Do you mean the Text From Source details are in a wide Rich Text Table that is too wide for the Report page?

That is a known problem for which there is no simple solution yet.

Using Ancestral Sources to capture the Census record has options that help but not much use for existing records.

I believe Calico Pie are aware of the problem but no solution yet.

Mike Tate

Edward Sneithe