Children's section of Focus Window

jeffsteal@...

Can one add more fields to the Children section of the Focus Box? I would like to be able to provide the birthplace as well as the date of birth and also the death date. There's plenty of space and moving to each child's Focus Box is time-consuming.

BTW, I gave up on the gedcom import and have entered my 40 people individually.

Regards
Pat Jeffs

Mike Tate

Sorry, that is not possible, but there is the Quick Family Facts plugin from the Plugin Store that displays all that info and more for the entire family.

See Tools > Plugins and Plugin Store button.

If ticked so it appears in the Tools menu it can be invoked quickly with the Alt T Q shortcut.

It would help us to know the problems you ran into with the import GEDCOM process.

What product were you importing from?

jeffsteal@...

Sorry for the slowness in reply. Sleep and non-genealogy problems to be solved came first.

The GEDCOM was imported from WeRelate.org which is a wiki-type program which I have got quite involved with on the geography side. However, there are times when a user wants to keep some family facts private. I used Legacy for a long time before moving to WeRelate and have grown tired of it. It was time to try another program. RootsMagic might have got my approval, but not without the long-promised update.

When I imported the GEDCOM it came up as a type of read-only file. I couldn't figure out how to change the name of it, but I did inspect it. The import process reported "no errors". I was advised that street addresses for the censuses were moved to the Notes box and that was fine with me.

I have now printed off all the instruction files dealing with sources, source templates, source citations, the citation window, etc so that I can easily refer to them while adding in the equivalent data from my WeRelate tree. I hope to work through these in the next few days.

Regards
Pat Jeffs