Update to 7.0.2

Thomas Allwright

I have just updated to FH v7.0.2 and I am having a problem copying a birth citation from "Birth" to "Name".  The citation is being repeated in "Birth" and not being copied to "Name".  Has anyone else experienced this problem?

David Potter

Yes this is a known issue.  I have reported it and it has been acknowledged to be a problem. The same issue occurs if you try to copy to Whole Record or Fact Witnesses.

Kind Regards

David Potter

On Tue, 2 Mar 2021, 16:28 Thomas Allwright, <thomas@...> wrote:
I have just updated to FH v7.0.2 and I am having a problem copying a birth citation from "Birth" to "Name".  The citation is being repeated in "Birth" and not being copied to "Name".  Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Mike Tate

I suspect you are selecting Name in the Sources For: box.

Instead, open the Main tab and select the Name field there, then the Paste Citation works OK.

Thomas Allwright

I select "Birth" in the Sources For: box, select the citation and select "copy".
I then select "Name" in the Sources For: box and then select "paste".

This works perfectly well in FH v7.0.0, the problem only occurs after updating to v7.0.2.

I have reverted to FH v7.0.0 to allow me to continue doing things I have got used to.