From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike Tate
Sent: 17 February 2021 18:47
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Removing a downloaded property box tab

Julia,

Check the FHUG KB Download for the Property Box ‘Wills’ tab and it refers to the ‘Enhanced Death and Burial’ Fact Set.

The ‘Wills’ tab uses some of those custom facts rather than Fact Witnesses because they did not exist when it was designed.

It would be possible to redesign the ‘Wills’ tab to use Fact Witnesses but it is a bit complex and has some gotchas.

Firstly, it is not possible to identify which Fact Witnesses are Executors and which are Beneficiaries by checking their Role.

The Fact Witnesses would have to exist in a specific order to match the ‘Wills’ tab, so it is not really feasible. Sorry.

The same goes for Fact Witnesses on the Probate event.

Julia,

Check the FHUG KB Download for the Property Box ‘Wills’ tab and it refers to the ‘Enhanced Death and Burial’ Fact Set.

The ‘Wills’ tab uses some of those custom facts rather than Fact Witnesses because they did not exist when it was designed.

It would be possible to redesign the ‘Wills’ tab to use Fact Witnesses but it is a bit complex and has some gotchas.

Firstly, it is not possible to identify which Fact Witnesses are Executors and which are Beneficiaries by checking their Role.

The Fact Witnesses would have to exist in a specific order to match the ‘Wills’ tab, so it is not really feasible. Sorry.

The same goes for Fact Witnesses on the Probate event.

Mike Tate

Julia Vokes

Mike

Thank you very much for the prompt reply – it worked and I’ve moved the tab to the end.

I currently enter beneficiaries using the cog Menu for witness on the Will fact and note the role as Beneficiary, then in the note part I enter their relationship to the Testator and what they inherited – eg son - inherits £250

I’ve just tried to add an Executor on the Probate fact using the cog menu, but notice that it doesn’t appear in the Wills tab.  The adjacent area is totally grey to Executoir details.  Any ideas?

Regards

Julia

Open that Wills tab then use the cog Menu > Customize Data Entry.

There you increase the tab position number or use More Tab Tasks > Delete Tab “Will”…

It might be possible to customise it further to show what each beneficiary inherited but I would need to know how you have entered that info.

Julia,

Open that Wills tab then use the cog Menu > Customize Data Entry.

There you increase the tab position number or use More Tab Tasks > Delete Tab “Will”…

It might be possible to customise it further to show what each beneficiary inherited but I would need to know how you have entered that info.

Mike Tate

Julia Vokes

Hello

I’m running FH v6 and earlier today I downloaded the Wills Property box tab from the FHUG.  But having looked into it a bit more, I’d like to delete it as it doesn’t do what I’d hoped (specify what each beneficiary inherited).  Can someone please advise how I can delete this tab?  Or else can I move the tab to the end of the Property box tabs?

Thank in advance

Regards

Julia