From: "Victor Markham via groups.io" <victor@...>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2021, 17:57
To: Family History <family-historian@groups.io>
Subject: [family-historian] GRO
I have used the GRO plugin quite a lot

It is great but on FreeBMD after 1983 it doesn't list the quarters.

Is there an option on GRO just to show the year he event took place

As things are I always end up with the first quarter. Is there a way of
leaving this blank i.e. not showing a quarter

Victor

Victor Markham

I guessed that what is needed is for the plugin to reflect this so we can just mention the year

On 24 Jan 2021, at 20:39, Chris King <christournayking@...> wrote:
Hi Victor,

The GRO stopped using quarter's at that time. FreeBMD is only reflecting the change.

Regards,
Chris

Sent from my Huawei phone

It is great but on FreeBMD after 1983 it doesn't list the quarters.

Is there an option on GRO just to show the year he event took place

As things are I always end up with the first quarter. Is there a way of
leaving this blank i.e. not showing a quarter

Victor

Mike Tate

Exactly which plugin are you talking about? What is its full Title, Author, Version & Date?

There are two similar plugins in the Plugin Store but neither has been updated for FH V7.

Mike Tate

It is great but on FreeBMD after 1983 it doesn't list the quarters.

Is there an option on GRO just to show the year he event took place

As things are I always end up with the first quarter. Is there a way of
leaving this blank i.e. not showing a quarter

Victor

Brian Horridge

Victor
After that date the GRO started quoting the month of registration and this can be seen on Ancestry searches.
Brian
Sent via BT Email App

It is great but on FreeBMD after 1983 it doesn't list the quarters.

Is there an option on GRO just to show the year he event took place

As things are I always end up with the first quarter. Is there a way of
leaving this blank i.e. not showing a quarter

Victor

Victor Markham

Brian

I haven't checked Ancestry yet but thanks for letting me know

We just need the GRO plug in to reflect this

Victor

On 24/01/2021 9:05 pm, Brian Horridge via groups.io wrote:

Victor
After that date the GRO started quoting the month of registration and this can be seen on Ancestry searches.
Brian
Sent via BT Email App

It is great but on FreeBMD after 1983 it doesn't list the quarters.

Is there an option on GRO just to show the year he event took place

As things are I always end up with the first quarter. Is there a way of
leaving this blank i.e. not showing a quarter

Victor

John Hanson

All the commercial websites use the same database provided by the GRO from entries from 1984 onwards

It was updated yearly until 2005 when they stopped providing the updates

The new GRO website has the data post 2005 however it is missing some of the information on both births and deaths and of course marriages are not included

It is great but on FreeBMD after 1983 it doesn't list the quarters.

Is there an option on GRO just to show the year he event took place

As things are I always end up with the first quarter. Is there a way of
leaving this blank i.e. not showing a quarter

Victor

Christopher Darvill

Victor,

If you use the GRO online index for births (I suspect it is the same for deaths but marriages are not available), it does list the quarter, e.g.

DARVELL, ANDREW CHARLES
GRO Reference: DOR Q2/1984 in ST ALBANS (5351B) Volume 10 Page 865

It is a bit long-winded as there is no download option.

Hope that helps.

Chris

It is great but on FreeBMD after 1983 it doesn't list the quarters.

Is there an option on GRO just to show the year he event took place

As things are I always end up with the first quarter. Is there a way of leaving this blank i.e. not showing a quarter

Victor

Victor Markham

This the one I got from the plug store after the V7 upgrade

This is different from what we had in V6

Victor

On 24/01/2021 9:00 pm, Mike Tate wrote:

Exactly which plugin are you talking about? What is its full Title, Author, Version & Date?

There are two similar plugins in the Plugin Store but neither has been updated for FH V7.

Mike Tate

It is great but on FreeBMD after 1983 it doesn't list the quarters.

Is there an option on GRO just to show the year he event took place

As things are I always end up with the first quarter. Is there a way of
leaving this blank i.e. not showing a quarter

Victor

Adrian Bruce

On Mon, Jan 25, 2021, 08:54 Christopher Darvill <chris@...> wrote:
... If you use the GRO online index for births (I suspect it is the same for deaths but marriages are not available), it does list the quarter, ...

That depends on the year. From memory, I think I counted 3 basic formats of index data since the born-digital stuff was introduced. Mostly just minor changes like omitting the quarter at some point.

Adrian

Mike Tate

Victor, you did not get that from the Plugin Store which is at Version 1.3 not 1.3.3 and is NOT updated for FH V7. Maybe it is an updated copy from the FHUG Forum? If so, then that would be a better place to discuss any adjustments.

It is great but on FreeBMD after 1983 it doesn't list the quarters.

Is there an option on GRO just to show the year he event took place

As things are I always end up with the first quarter. Is there a way of
leaving this blank i.e. not showing a quarter

Victor

Victor Markham

That is the only way I could have got it. So am puzzled by your comments

On 25 Jan 2021, at 10:10, Mike Tate <post@...> wrote:

Victor, you did not get that from the Plugin Store which is at Version 1.3 not 1.3.3 and is NOT updated for FH V7. Maybe it is an updated copy from the FHUG Forum? If so, then that would be a better place to discuss any adjustments.

It is great but on FreeBMD after 1983 it doesn't list the quarters.

Is there an option on GRO just to show the year he event took place

As things are I always end up with the first quarter. Is there a way of
leaving this blank i.e. not showing a quarter

Victor

John Hanson

Victor

Assuming that you haven’t renamed your plugins what is the name that it appears under in the list of plugins

colevalleygirl@colevalleygirl.co.uk

Victor, Mike: 1.3.3 and 1.3.4 were posted in the FHUG forums at https://fhug.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=16641&start=50#p106661