Reassign Addresses to Place Names plugin.

UK kris

Hi Mike, thanks for the prompt response.
I have most place names as “parish, City, County “ sometimes I’ve added “Country”.
In address it can be “Name of building/street number, street number, street name “.
So I want to add the address to the place beginning with building name/street # etc to the left of the place details, and presume the 2nd step will be to add the country to the enf/right of  place names.
Also, in place have used “Regn District - “Name” for those GRO  B, M, D indices.

Do I?
1) select all in input filter
2) open mapping options tab
3) select copy all address parts to all place parts
4) do I need to change the numbers ?
5) select erase place parts duplicating address parts ?
6) left justify all place parts to place 1
7) perform rearrangement of parts.

Kristeen Simpkin

On 24 Jan 2021, at 1:34 am, Mike Tate <post@...> wrote:

Hi Kristeen,

It would be helpful if you could identify the plugin and exactly what you want to reassign.

I presume you are talking about the ‘Rearrange Address and Place Parts’ plugin.

Have you tried reading the guide via the ‘Help and Advice’ button?

The ‘Output Column Part’ rows identify all the Address and Place column parts you have allowed via Tools > Work with Data > Addresses/Places.

For each ‘Output Column Part’ choose the ‘Input Column Part’ you want to be assigned to that part.

If you want the current Address 1 part to move to the Place 1 part then in the droplist to the left of Place 1 choose Address 1.

If you want the Address 1 output to be cleared then select <blank> on its left.

The ‘Input Filter’ tab allows you to choose which Address & Place combinations you want to change.

Please explain how you want your Address fields to be reassigned to Place names and what you want to happen to the current Place name columns.

Mike Tate