phishing email

Ian Thirlwell

I received a phishing email via the group this morning, supposedly from a Bill Metcalf. The email contains a link which obviously should NOT be clicked. NB I did not click it myself!
Ian

John Gibb <johnmgibb@...>

Me too.

On 7 Jan 2021, at 11:08, Ian Thirlwell via groups.io <i.thirlwell@...> wrote:

I received a phishing email via the group this morning, supposedly from a Bill Metcalf. The email contains a link which obviously should NOT be clicked. NB I did not click it myself!
Ian

Jan Howell

Oops! What if you've already clicked it?

Sent from my Galaxy

From: "Ian Thirlwell via groups.io" <i.thirlwell@...>
Date: 07/01/2021 11:08 (GMT+00:00)
To: family-historian@groups.io

--
Neil Grantham
-------------------

David Nicoll

My suggestion – make sure you are running a decent (paid-for one as free ones generally constrained in some way) AntiVirus or Antimalware system and run a full disk scan on your computer.

I use McAfee but there’s quite a range of options.

Good luck!

Oops! What if you've already clicked it?

Sent from my Galaxy

I received a phishing email via the group this morning, supposedly from a Bill Metcalf. The email contains a link which obviously should NOT be clicked. NB I did not click it myself!

Ian

Trevor Rix

There is no need to pay for anti-virus software. AVG and Avast regularly top the independent reviews. McAfee has a reputation for being bloated and slowing down computers.