Source > Text from Source > Property Box - Can you fix the Box Sizes?

David Potter

Hi All

I think the answer will be No, but can you fix the size of the Property box windows such that the Table is the dominant view. I’m constantly having the resize the windows to view all Table entries.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

David Charles Potter

Trevor Rix

I am wondering -- why are you transcribing the census? If you download the census image and link that image to the individials concerned, all you have to do is Property Box > Media tab > select the census thumbnali > click the green circle to Open in Editor/Player to display the census image full screen. No time wasted in transcribing the census.

David Potter

Thank you Trevor. I appreciate your reply and have read before this is your preferred method. I want to do it this way to exploit all the new features. Individual Links, Rich Text formatting such as colour highlighting. Etc. Also going about it my way strikes a higher level of analysis in my opinion. I'm also using AS7 so it is not that heavy in terms of data entry.

Br

David

On Tue, 22 Dec 2020, 09:37 Trevor Rix, <trevor@...> wrote:
I am wondering -- why are you transcribing the census? If you download the census image and link that image to the individials concerned, all you have to do is Property Box > Media tab > select the census thumbnali > click the green circle to Open in Editor/Player to display the census image full screen. No time wasted in transcribing the census.

colevalleygirl@colevalleygirl.co.uk

I’d argue it isn’t a waste of time to transcribe the census. It may take some time to puzzle it out, in which case you’ll only want to do it once rather than scowl at the image every time; you might want to publish the transcription in a report or on a website rather than the image (to save space, or because of copyright reasons); and most important of all transcribing the census means you’ve read every word of it and gleaned all the information it contains, rather than just “the bits you’re expecting”.

I am wondering -- why are you transcribing the census? If you download the census image and link that image to the individials concerned, all you have to do is Property Box > Media tab > select the census thumbnali > click the green circle to Open in Editor/Player to display the census image full screen. No time wasted in transcribing the census.

_._,_._,_

David Potter

I couldn't agree more. Thank you Helen very good analogy.

David

On Tue, 22 Dec 2020, 09:50 colevalleygirl@..., <colevalleygirl@...> wrote:

I’d argue it isn’t a waste of time to transcribe the census. It may take some time to puzzle it out, in which case you’ll only want to do it once rather than scowl at the image every time; you might want to publish the transcription in a report or on a website rather than the image (to save space, or because of copyright reasons); and most important of all transcribing the census means you’ve read every word of it and gleaned all the information it contains, rather than just “the bits you’re expecting”.

I am wondering -- why are you transcribing the census? If you download the census image and link that image to the individials concerned, all you have to do is Property Box > Media tab > select the census thumbnali > click the green circle to Open in Editor/Player to display the census image full screen. No time wasted in transcribing the census.

David Wilkinson

I completely agree, if you want reports, web pages, etc to tell the story you have to transcribe it.