From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Victor Markham via groups.io
Sent: 19 December 2020 21:26
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: [family-historian] Syncing

Some people have reported problems with syncing.

I have this message from Ancestry so this may be a similar problem with others

Victor

Ian Thirlwell

It’s a Family Tree Maker feature.
Ian

I’m confused – I didn’t think FH synched with anything!?

Kind Regards

David Charles Potter

Some people have reported problems with syncing.

I have this message from Ancestry so this may be a similar problem with others

Victor

alan@...

That’s  an FTM message, not FH.

I’m confused – I didn’t think FH synched with anything!?

Kind Regards

David Charles Potter

Some people have reported problems with syncing.

I have this message from Ancestry so this may be a similar problem with others

Victor

Victor Markham

There have been reports that some people using the hints in FH were unable to open the hints hence my comments about 'anything ' which could happen to any system. There are people reporting that they couldn't sync to Ancestry

Victor

On 20 Dec 2020, at 09:11, "David Potter via groups.io" <googlemail.com@groups.io target=_blank>david.potter5=googlemail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Victor,

I’m confused – I didn’t think FH synched with anything!?

Kind Regards

David Charles Potter

Some people have reported problems with syncing.

I have this message from Ancestry so this may be a similar problem with others

Victor

David Potter

Thanks. So it didn't come from Ancestry. It came via FTM.

On Sun, 20 Dec 2020, 09:30 Ian Thirlwell via groups.io, <i.thirlwell=ntlworld.com@groups.io> wrote:
It’s a Family Tree Maker feature.
Ian

I’m confused – I didn’t think FH synched with anything!?

Kind Regards

David Charles Potter

Some people have reported problems with syncing.

I have this message from Ancestry so this may be a similar problem with others

Victor

Victor Markham

As you say it is FTM but there have been reports that FH users were unable to sync to FMP hence my comments was simply pointing out these could have similar problems

That’s  an FTM message, not FH.