Shared Notes and their Links

David Potter

Hi All

Happily using FH7 and making good use of the Notes function and Shared Notes. However, having attached a Shared Note to 15 Source Records how on earth do I find the records this Note is attached to? I’ve checked the Help but can’t find anything. See the highlighted example. Even searching for the text in the Note only finds the Shared Note itself.

Kind Regards

David Charles Potter

colevalleygirl@colevalleygirl.co.uk

View the note in the records list and then use Tools > View Record Links.

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of David Potter via groups.io
Sent: 11 December 2020 21:38
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: [family-historian] Shared Notes and their Links

Hi All

Happily using FH7 and making good use of the Notes function and Shared Notes. However, having attached a Shared Note to 15 Source Records how on earth do I find the records this Note is attached to? I’ve checked the Help but can’t find anything. See the highlighted example. Even searching for the text in the Note only finds the Shared Note itself.

Mike Tate

Hi David,

Checkout the FHUG Knowledge Base ~ Finding Where Records are Used

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/finding-where-records-are-used/

The most comprehensive method is the Where Used Record Links plugin.

Mike Tate

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of David Potter via groups.io

Hi All

Kind Regards

David Charles Potter

David Potter

Hi Helen

Yes of course, it came to me during my sleep. I was expecting to see something when right clicking on the Shared Note Record.

I tend not to use the method you mention as I have always used Mike Tate’s Where Used Record Links Plug-In, but it is still absent from the store awaiting CP to approve I believe.

Thank You

Kind Regards

David Charles Potter

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of colevalleygirl@...
Sent: 12 December 2020 08:14
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Shared Notes and their Links

View the note in the records list and then use Tools > View Record Links.

Hi All

David Potter

Thank you Mike, I’m missing your Plug-In Where Used Record Links. I understand it is still awaiting approval by CP.

I did have the Beta version but that won’t run now for some reason.

Kind Regards

David Charles Potter

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike Tate
Sent: 12 December 2020 08:57

Hi David,

Checkout the FHUG Knowledge Base ~ Finding Where Records are Used

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/finding-where-records-are-used/

The most comprehensive method is the Where Used Record Links plugin.

Mike Tate

Hi All

Kind Regards

David Charles Potter

colevalleygirl@colevalleygirl.co.uk

It’s not pending approval – I don’t think Mike has submitted it yet.

Sent: 12 December 2020 09:37

Hi Helen

Yes of course, it came to me during my sleep. I was expecting to see something when right clicking on the Shared Note Record.

I tend not to use the method you mention as I have always used Mike Tate’s Where Used Record Links Plug-In, but it is still absent from the store awaiting CP to approve I believe.

Thank You

Kind Regards

David Charles Potter

Mike Tate

Yes, it is on my list to get approved but each one needs processing for the Plugin Store.

I’m surprised the beta Version 1.3.2 dated 21 Sep 2020 does not run as that is the one I will publish.

Sent: 12 December 2020 09:41

Thank you Mike, I’m missing your Plug-In Where Used Record Links. I understand it is still awaiting approval by CP.

Kind Regards

David Charles Potter

David Potter

Hi Mike

My mistake – it seems the only version I have in my Download folder is 1.3 dated 25 May. So in cleaning out my Beta install I have lost that updated V7 Plug-In.

Strange the latest version is not in my Download folder though.

Oh Well – I’ll be patient. Thanks for your help.

Kind Regards

David Charles Potter

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike Tate
Sent: 12 December 2020 10:47

Yes, it is on my list to get approved but each one needs processing for the Plugin Store.

I’m surprised the beta Version 1.3.2 dated 21 Sep 2020 does not run as that is the one I will publish.

Sent: 12 December 2020 09:41

Kind Regards

David Charles Potter

Mike Tate

Version 1.4 is now in the new Plugin Store.

Sent: 12 December 2020 11:05

Hi Mike

My mistake – it seems the only version I have in my Download folder is 1.3 dated 25 May. So in cleaning out my Beta install I have lost that updated V7 Plug-In.

Kind Regards

David Charles Potter

David Potter

Thank you Mike, you’re a star.

Kind Regards

David Charles Potter

Sent: 12 December 2020 11:51

Version 1.4 is now in the new Plugin Store.

Sent: 12 December 2020 11:05

Hi Mike

Kind Regards

David Charles Potter