From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of David Potter via groups.io
Sent: 11 December 2020 21:38
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: [family-historian] Shared Notes and their Links

Hi All

Happily using FH7 and making good use of the Notes function and Shared Notes. However, having attached a Shared Note to 15 Source Records how on earth do I find the records this Note is attached to? I’ve checked the Help but can’t find anything. See the highlighted example. Even searching for the text in the Note only finds the Shared Note itself.

Mike Tate

Hi David,

Checkout the FHUG Knowledge Base ~ Finding Where Records are Used

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/finding-where-records-are-used/

The most comprehensive method is the Where Used Record Links plugin.

Mike Tate

Happily using FH7 and making good use of the Notes function and Shared Notes. However, having attached a Shared Note to 15 Source Records how on earth do I find the records this Note is attached to? I’ve checked the Help but can’t find anything. See the highlighted example. Even searching for the text in the Note only finds the Shared Note itself.

Kind Regards

David Charles Potter

David Potter

Hi Helen

Yes of course, it came to me during my sleep. I was expecting to see something when right clicking on the Shared Note Record.

I tend not to use the method you mention as I have always used Mike Tate’s Where Used Record Links Plug-In, but it is still absent from the store awaiting CP to approve I believe.

Thank You

Kind Regards

David Charles Potter