Topics

Places or media page possible?

Mark Lewis <marklewis56@...>

Hello, I've been 'testing' the output to HTML for a site

I wondered if it was possible to have a 'places' page as well as individuals.
I'm trying to focus on places as a kind of framework for looking into the family.

The statistics page knows how many media there are, but is it possible to have a media page?

Thanks,

Mike Tate

Hi Mark,

I guess it depends on what you mean by “is it possible”?

Yes, it is possible, but it is not a feature built into the FH Publish > Create a Website wizard.

You would have to write a Plugin to compose the HTML pages and merge them into the FH generated pages.

The ‘Improve Website or CD DVD HTML’ plugin performs similar tricks adjusting the FH generated pages.

See the FHUG Knowledge Base on Make a Family Tree CD/DVD or Website for ideas:

https://www.fhug.org.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=how_to:make_family_tree

Regards, Mike Tate

Hello, I've been 'testing' the output to HTML for a site

I wondered if it was possible to have a 'places' page as well as individuals.
I'm trying to focus on places as a kind of framework for looking into the family.

The statistics page knows how many media there are, but is it possible to have a media page?

Thanks,

colevalleygirl@colevalleygirl.co.uk

You could also look at a third party product like Gedsite for generating websites with ‘Place’ and ‘Media’ pages.

Hello, I've been 'testing' the output to HTML for a site

I wondered if it was possible to have a 'places' page as well as individuals.
I'm trying to focus on places as a kind of framework for looking into the family.

The statistics page knows how many media there are, but is it possible to have a media page?

Thanks,

_._,_._,_

Paul Tanner-Tremaine

or even export to TNG (The Next Generation) software on a host. I do this regularly, and works well.  You can view my website : https://www.1820settlers.com/

Keith Taylor

Hi Paul, Great website! I even found 'my' Bourchiers in there. I used to use TNG a long time ago but have forgotten how I updated it. Do you export the Gedcom file from FH, or is there some other method?

Paul Tanner-Tremaine

@Keith Taylor.  I keep all my info in FH. I make a copy of my gedcom, rename it and work on that copy and I use split tree helper with a query to remove privatised info,lists etc.  I then use the Export Gedcom file plugin with all the settings I prefer for TNG, which is an option in the plugin. Then import that resultant exported file as the import to TNG.  I try and refresh the website about every 2 weeks with any new info that I have,  Works like a dream for me and has done so for at least 14 years!