From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of colevalleygirl@...
Sent: 28 August 2020 16:35
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Adding Flags to all individuals in a project

Look at Tools > Named Lists and Record Flags. If you add all the individuals you want to flag to a named list, you can then set a flag on all individuals in that list.

Mike Tate

You can use the Tools > Named Lists and Flags command options.

BTW: Do you know that when merging there is an option to automatically add a Source Citation to every new entry from the imported GEDCOM?

Jane Taubman

I you want to flag all the records in a project is to View>Standard Query>All Individuals then use the Gear Wheel options icon to Set Flag on all row records

_._,_._,_

Lorna Craig

An alternative approach would be to treat the file being merged in as a source, instead of using a flag.  To quote the FH help file:

"In File Merging you can also treat the file being merged in as a source and create a record for it. New, updated or confirmed data can be given source citations which link it to this source record."     I can't remember exactly where that option is displayed but it is available when doing a file merge.

Lorna

On 28/08/2020 16:28, johnfirr via groups.io wrote:

I am on the point of merging two projects which share about 20% of individuals. I want to flag every individual in the smaller project with an indicator flag that they originate in that particular project. I have created the flag but cant work out how to apply it to every individual without having to do so one individual at a time. I,m sure there will be a way to a "add flag to all individuals in project" and I,m sure its dead simple when you know how, but I cant see it at the moment? Could anyone illuminate me?
thanks in advance
John

Frances Atherton

I’m not entirely sure but I think you can do it by adding everyone to a list and then adding a flag to everyone on that list.

colevalleygirl@colevalleygirl.co.uk