Problems printing from Family Historian

Marion P

I have recently downloaded the evaluation program  as it says that I can print reports etc from the program, however when I try to print I either only get the boxes or sometimes the boxes with what appears to be the bottom edge of the letters only.

I am really pleased with all the other aspects of the software so really need to be able to get legible prints before I purchase the full product.

Any help would be appreciated.

Marion

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Mike Tate

Marion, welcome to the Family Historian community.

You talk about Reports, but then describe boxes, so I wonder if you mean Diagrams.

You don’t say whether they look OK on screen, and only a problem when printed on paper.

Are you using the Family Historian Sample Project to produce the displays?

Exactly what commands are you using?

I am sure it is simply unfamiliarity with the product but screenshots of the problem would help us understand.

It is awkward to attach images to these Emails so I suggest you join the FHUG Forums where attachments are so much easier.

See https://www.fhug.org.uk/forum/ which is free to join and use with many other free resources such as Knowledge Base and Downloads.

Marion P

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your response.  I have managed to identify the problem, it was a faulty sensor on my printer which has now been resolved.

I am extremely happy with the product and shall be purchasing the program.

Thanks again.

Regards