From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Trevor Rix
Sent: 26 July 2020 19:19
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Delete a second marriage error?

The first thing to do is click the All tab in the property box where you will see both spouses. Use the delete key on your keyboard to delete the duplicate. But before you do that, check what has happened thoroughly, for example does the duplicate have children?

johnfirr@...

Thanks for that, perfect and I now know that it arose from a merging of records which is precisely what I had just carried out. All sorted.
( and apologies to mods for inclusion of screenshot, I noticed earlier mail about images after I had sent this).

Lorna Craig

If you are a member of FHUG it's worth keeping an eye on questions asked there.  As it happens, a question about the same problem was asked there only two days ago: https://www.fhug.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=17956

Bear in mind also that screenshots can be added easily to posts in the forums there so it's often easier to raise a topic there.

Lorna

On 26/07/2020 19:42, johnfirr via groups.io wrote:
Thanks for that, perfect and I now know that it arose from a merging of records which is precisely what I had just carried out. All sorted.
( and apologies to mods for inclusion of screenshot, I noticed earlier mail about images after I had sent this).

Derek Kain

Hello John,
I'll answer your question although somebody else may have a better way to do it.
As I have had this problem myself several times.
The property box shows a daughter. Is this linked to the second marriage?
If so link this daughter to the family at the top.
Then unlink the daughter from the bottom family.
Then unlink the wife of the bottom family.
The husband of the second family should then clear.
Derek Kain

On Sun, 26 Jul 2020 at 18:31, johnfirr via groups.io <johnfirr=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
Hi all,
I,m not sure how I achieved this but I appear to have managed to get a couple appearing to marry each other twice. Can anyone tell me how to delete the second marriage? I,ve looked in the help file and I,m sure its there but I cant find it?

Pauline Parnell

Poor woman!  Didn’t she suffer enough? 😃

It’s view – record lists – families, select the one you want to lose and press delete.  Did something very similar myself … twice.  I’m not sure what you do if there is media attached as I hadn’t got that far.

All the best,

Pauline