Problems after unlinking

Jorge Planas Campos

After finding out that I had confused two XVI century ancestors I was finally able to set their descendants apart. But somewhere along the line I must have made a mistake and now I have the individual with the same children under a spouse ("Eulalia", see the screenshot) and a "no spouse". How can I get rid of the "no spouse" group? Thanks for your help. 

Jorge

Mike Tate

Display Joanot ROSSICH in the Focus Window and he should have two entries, one for Eulalia and one with no spouse.

Under the entry with no spouse click right-each Child in turn and choose Unlink Record.

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Jorge Planas Campos
Sent: 05 July 2020 10:45
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: [family-historian] Problems after unlinking

After finding out that I had confused two XVI century ancestors I was finally able to set their descendants apart. But somewhere along the line I must have made a mistake and now I have the individual with the same children under a spouse ("Eulalia", see the screenshot) and a "no spouse". How can I get rid of the "no spouse" group? Thanks for your help. 

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Mike Tate

Display Joanot ROSSICH in the Focus Window and he should have two entries, one for Eulalia and one with no spouse.

Under the entry with no spouse click right-each Child in turn and choose Unlink Record.

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Jorge Planas Campos
Sent: 05 July 2020 10:45
Subject: [family-historian] Problems after unlinking

Jorge

Jorge Planas Campos

Thanks Mike, I was afraid to do that in case I had to start this particular group all over again.

Jorge

Mike Tate

As long as you make a note of the Individual records involved (ideally their Record Id) then it is safe to Unlink Record and subsequently relink them where needed if necessary.

That can be used for Children and Husband and Wife wherever needed.

See the FHUG Knowledge Base ~ Removing Unwanted Relations:

https://www.fhug.org.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=how_to:removing_unwanted_relations

Sent: 05 July 2020 15:19
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Problems after unlinking

Thanks Mike, I was afraid to do that in case I had to start this particular group all over again.

Jorge