Diagram not showing familial link

Michele Sinclair

Hi,
I have opened a parent window, entered the parent, but it is not showing on the diagram!  It's the first time that this has ever happened!  Anyone any ideas please?  I've deleted and re-entered and still the same. Michele

Lorna Craig

You may need to click the small expansion button (circle) in the diagram above the individual whose parents you have added.

Another thing to check is Diagram Options > General tab > Generations Up and make sure this is set to enough generations up from the diagram root to display them all.

Lorna

Michele Sinclair

Thank you for your response.  Both of those issues are dealt with!  I'm trying to add parents and siblings to a husband who is not a direct antecedent - his wife is.  Does that make a difference?

Regards,
Michele Sinclair.

On 4 Jul 2020, at 14:48, Lorna Craig via groups.io <l.m.craig@...> wrote:

You may need to click the small expansion button (circle) in the diagram above the individual whose parents you have added.

Another thing to check is Diagram Options > General tab > Generations Up and make sure this is set to enough generations up from the diagram root to display them all.

Yes, families of spouses of direct ancestors are not currently included even in an All Relatives Diagram.

It is rumoured that will be improved in FH V7.