Online Repository Assistant.


Trudie davis-long
 

Hope it is alright to forward this - I've seen so many questions. 

Forwarded message ---------
From: John Cardinal <jfcardinal@...>
Date: Sun, Jun 7, 2020 at 9:42 AM
Subject: [TMG-L] ORA - Online Repository Assistant


I am pleased to announce ORA, the Online Repository Assistant.

ORA combines a web browser extension with a Windows program to help you extract data from your favorite online repositories and capture the information in your genealogy program. ORA has several features that will save time, reduce errors, and increase the consistency of your data entry.

Currently, ORA supports these online repositories: Ancestry.com, FamilySearch, Find a Grave, General Register Office (UK), Newspapers.com, and Nova Scotia Genealogy. More will be added in the coming weeks.

The Record Status feature helps you keep track of which records you have reviewed so you do not waste time reviewing a record that you have already processed or rejected. If you mark a record Pending or Questionable, ORA will add it to a list so you can easily return to it later.

There are several Clipboard-oriented features that simplify copying data to the clipboard. If you've ever pasted data only to discover it includes unwanted HTML formatting, newlines, or punctuation, or found it hard to select the text because of the way it is presented on the repository page, you'll love how ORA simplifies this essential process.

At the heart of ORA is a data extraction engine that finds the data on a repository page and gathers it into the ORA Control Panel. Those fields can be copied to the clipboard, as described above. With ORA's powerful Text Templates facility, you can combine field values into your preferred source or citation format and use the template output with ORA's Clipboard feature. ORA's Text Templates are similar to the sentence and citation templates found in RootsMagic, Family Historian, TMG, and other programs, but with special features for transforming fields as they are inserted into the output of the template.

Going further, you can use ORA's Auto Type feature where you define templates to send keystrokes and other control sequences to your genealogy program to do automated data entry!

For more information about ORA, see the Introduction slideshow. It includes several videos that show ORA in action.

ORA has its own discussion list. Please join if you want to discuss ORA with current and future users.



Trudie Davis-Long

_._,_._,_


David Potter
 

Thank you Trudie, that was very helpful.


Robert
 

Just input this Auto Type for GRO Birth Index Source Citation. It works well so far!

[Registration Quarter] [Registration Year]{Tab}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{Tab}[Registration Year] [Registration Quarter] in [District] Volume [Volume] Page [Page]{Tab}Mother [Mother's Maiden Surname]

Robert


waltonnz
 

I think I've worked it out. The Registration Quarter and year went into Entry Date, then tab down to Assessment and choose Secondary Evidence, then tab to Where Within Source and enter Registration Year in Reg District Volume and and Page numbers, then tab to Text From Source and enter Mother's maiden name. If I'm right I've just one question. How would you cause the auto type to stop at Assessment and allow you to choose another option? It all sounds very exciting. Thank you for sharing.
Patricia

On Thu, 2 Jul 2020 at 06:48, Robert via groups.io <lundr2001=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Just input this Auto Type for GRO Birth Index Source Citation. It works well so far!

[Registration Quarter] [Registration Year]{Tab}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{Tab}[Registration Year] [Registration Quarter] in [District] Volume [Volume] Page [Page]{Tab}Mother [Mother's Maiden Surname]

Robert


Virus-free. www.avg.com


Ron Chapman
 

Great Ive learnt a new thing from you {DOWN}
Ta, Ron


On 1 Jul 2020, at 19:48, Robert via groups.io <lundr2001@...> wrote:

Just input this Auto Type for GRO Birth Index Source Citation. It works well so far!

[Registration Quarter] [Registration Year]{Tab}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{Tab}[Registration Year] [Registration Quarter] in [District] Volume [Volume] Page [Page]{Tab}Mother [Mother's Maiden Surname]

Robert


Robert
 

I don’t think that the script allows you pause during execution. I chose the Secondary evidence option because that is what I normally use for this type of entry. If you need to leave it at it’s default of no selection, and enter your own selection after the script has finished, then just take out the {DOWN} instructions.


Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 22:27, waltonnz <walton.patricia@...> wrote:

I think I've worked it out. The Registration Quarter and year went into Entry Date, then tab down to Assessment and choose Secondary Evidence, then tab to Where Within Source and enter Registration Year in Reg District Volume and and Page numbers, then tab to Text From Source and enter Mother's maiden name. If I'm right I've just one question. How would you cause the auto type to stop at Assessment and allow you to choose another option? It all sounds very exciting. Thank you for sharing.
Patricia

On Thu, 2 Jul 2020 at 06:48, Robert via groups.io <lundr2001=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Just input this Auto Type for GRO Birth Index Source Citation. It works well so far!

[Registration Quarter] [Registration Year]{Tab}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{Tab}[Registration Year] [Registration Quarter] in [District] Volume [Volume] Page [Page]{Tab}Mother [Mother's Maiden Surname]

Robert


Virus-free. www.avg.com


Robert
 

Great Ron. Incidentally, I got that from the ORA website, can’t remember what page, but here is the pdf with other commands that you may find useful.


On Thursday, July 2, 2020, 00:05, Ron Chapman <ron@...> wrote:

Great Ive learnt a new thing from you {DOWN}
Ta, Ron


On 1 Jul 2020, at 19:48, Robert via groups.io <lundr2001@...> wrote:

Just input this Auto Type for GRO Birth Index Source Citation. It works well so far!

[Registration Quarter] [Registration Year]{Tab}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{Tab}[Registration Year] [Registration Quarter] in [District] Volume [Volume] Page [Page]{Tab}Mother [Mother's Maiden Surname]

Robert


Robert
 

Also, I have now realised that I can use {DOWN*4} instead of {DOWN} {DOWN} {DOWN} {DOWN}!


Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Thursday, July 2, 2020, 06:32, Robert via groups.io <lundr2001@...> wrote:

Great Ron. Incidentally, I got that from the ORA website, can’t remember what page, but here is the pdf with other commands that you may find useful.


Rob



Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Thursday, July 2, 2020, 00:05, Ron Chapman <ron@...> wrote:

Great Ive learnt a new thing from you {DOWN}
Ta, Ron


On 1 Jul 2020, at 19:48, Robert via groups.io <lundr2001@...> wrote:

Just input this Auto Type for GRO Birth Index Source Citation. It works well so far!

[Registration Quarter] [Registration Year]{Tab}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{Tab}[Registration Year] [Registration Quarter] in [District] Volume [Volume] Page [Page]{Tab}Mother [Mother's Maiden Surname]

Robert


waltonnz
 

Thank you, that's a good idea. But, I think you can stop the auto text and receive a prompt as there's a video from Chris online showing it done.  At least that's what it looks like to me. It doesn't show the template though so I don't know how she does it.
Patricia

On Thu, 2 Jul 2020 at 17:25, Robert via groups.io <lundr2001=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I don’t think that the script allows you pause during execution. I chose the Secondary evidence option because that is what I normally use for this type of entry. If you need to leave it at it’s default of no selection, and enter your own selection after the script has finished, then just take out the {DOWN} instructions.


Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 22:27, waltonnz <walton.patricia@...> wrote:

I think I've worked it out. The Registration Quarter and year went into Entry Date, then tab down to Assessment and choose Secondary Evidence, then tab to Where Within Source and enter Registration Year in Reg District Volume and and Page numbers, then tab to Text From Source and enter Mother's maiden name. If I'm right I've just one question. How would you cause the auto type to stop at Assessment and allow you to choose another option? It all sounds very exciting. Thank you for sharing.
Patricia

On Thu, 2 Jul 2020 at 06:48, Robert via groups.io <lundr2001=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Just input this Auto Type for GRO Birth Index Source Citation. It works well so far!

[Registration Quarter] [Registration Year]{Tab}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{Tab}[Registration Year] [Registration Quarter] in [District] Volume [Volume] Page [Page]{Tab}Mother [Mother's Maiden Surname]

Robert


Virus-free. www.avg.com


Robert
 

There is a {PAUSE} key Patricia, that might work.


Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Thursday, July 2, 2020, 09:18, waltonnz <walton.patricia@...> wrote:

Thank you, that's a good idea. But, I think you can stop the auto text and receive a prompt as there's a video from Chris online showing it done.  At least that's what it looks like to me. It doesn't show the template though so I don't know how she does it.
Patricia

On Thu, 2 Jul 2020 at 17:25, Robert via groups.io <lundr2001=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I don’t think that the script allows you pause during execution. I chose the Secondary evidence option because that is what I normally use for this type of entry. If you need to leave it at it’s default of no selection, and enter your own selection after the script has finished, then just take out the {DOWN} instructions.


Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 22:27, waltonnz <walton.patricia@...> wrote:

I think I've worked it out. The Registration Quarter and year went into Entry Date, then tab down to Assessment and choose Secondary Evidence, then tab to Where Within Source and enter Registration Year in Reg District Volume and and Page numbers, then tab to Text From Source and enter Mother's maiden name. If I'm right I've just one question. How would you cause the auto type to stop at Assessment and allow you to choose another option? It all sounds very exciting. Thank you for sharing.
Patricia

On Thu, 2 Jul 2020 at 06:48, Robert via groups.io <lundr2001=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Just input this Auto Type for GRO Birth Index Source Citation. It works well so far!

[Registration Quarter] [Registration Year]{Tab}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{Tab}[Registration Year] [Registration Quarter] in [District] Volume [Volume] Page [Page]{Tab}Mother [Mother's Maiden Surname]

Robert


Virus-free. www.avg.com


Robert
 

Learnt a bit more more, now my script looks like:

{FAST}[Registration Quarter] [Registration Year]{Tab}{DOWN*4}{Tab}[Registration Year] [Registration Quarter] in [District:uppercase] Volume [Volume:lowercase] Page [Page]{Tab}Mother [Mother's Maiden Surname:uppercase]

Changed how fast the data is entered into the form, and Changed mother's name and District to all uppercase - this is how I like it. The only thing I'm now stuck on, is changing the Registration Quarter from Q4 to Dec?

Output now looks like:

Q4 1878
Secondary evidence
1878 Q4 in KENDAL Volume 10b Page 699 (I would prefer it to be 1878 Dec in KENDAL Volume 10b Page 699
Mother SCOTT

Hope this helps
Rob

On Thursday, 2 July 2020, 09:31:54 BST, Robert via groups.io <lundr2001@...> wrote:


There is a {PAUSE} key Patricia, that might work.


Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Thursday, July 2, 2020, 09:18, waltonnz <walton.patricia@...> wrote:

Thank you, that's a good idea. But, I think you can stop the auto text and receive a prompt as there's a video from Chris online showing it done.  At least that's what it looks like to me. It doesn't show the template though so I don't know how she does it.
Patricia

On Thu, 2 Jul 2020 at 17:25, Robert via groups.io <lundr2001=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I don’t think that the script allows you pause during execution. I chose the Secondary evidence option because that is what I normally use for this type of entry. If you need to leave it at it’s default of no selection, and enter your own selection after the script has finished, then just take out the {DOWN} instructions.


Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 22:27, waltonnz <walton.patricia@...> wrote:

I think I've worked it out. The Registration Quarter and year went into Entry Date, then tab down to Assessment and choose Secondary Evidence, then tab to Where Within Source and enter Registration Year in Reg District Volume and and Page numbers, then tab to Text From Source and enter Mother's maiden name. If I'm right I've just one question. How would you cause the auto type to stop at Assessment and allow you to choose another option? It all sounds very exciting. Thank you for sharing.
Patricia

On Thu, 2 Jul 2020 at 06:48, Robert via groups.io <lundr2001=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Just input this Auto Type for GRO Birth Index Source Citation. It works well so far!

[Registration Quarter] [Registration Year]{Tab}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{Tab}[Registration Year] [Registration Quarter] in [District] Volume [Volume] Page [Page]{Tab}Mother [Mother's Maiden Surname]

Robert


Virus-free. www.avg.com


waltonnz
 

Thank you Robert. 

Sorry Ros I take your point about this being a Family Historian list. In a way the conversation has been relevant as we're trying to determine how to use Ora with FH and the video I referred to was using FH to insert Auto Type.
Patricia

On Thu, 2 Jul 2020 at 20:31, Robert via groups.io <lundr2001=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
There is a {PAUSE} key Patricia, that might work.


Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Thursday, July 2, 2020, 09:18, waltonnz <walton.patricia@...> wrote:

Thank you, that's a good idea. But, I think you can stop the auto text and receive a prompt as there's a video from Chris online showing it done.  At least that's what it looks like to me. It doesn't show the template though so I don't know how she does it.
Patricia



Virus-free. www.avg.com


Robert
 

This works for one Qtr [Registration Quarter:replace:Q4:Dec], but how do I look for the other three as well?

On Thursday, 2 July 2020, 10:17:05 BST, Robert Lund <lundr2001@...> wrote:


Learnt a bit more more, now my script looks like:

{FAST}[Registration Quarter] [Registration Year]{Tab}{DOWN*4}{Tab}[Registration Year] [Registration Quarter] in [District:uppercase] Volume [Volume:lowercase] Page [Page]{Tab}Mother [Mother's Maiden Surname:uppercase]

Changed how fast the data is entered into the form, and Changed mother's name and District to all uppercase - this is how I like it. The only thing I'm now stuck on, is changing the Registration Quarter from Q4 to Dec?

Output now looks like:

Q4 1878
Secondary evidence
1878 Q4 in KENDAL Volume 10b Page 699 (I would prefer it to be 1878 Dec in KENDAL Volume 10b Page 699
Mother SCOTT

Hope this helps
Rob

On Thursday, 2 July 2020, 09:31:54 BST, Robert via groups.io <lundr2001@...> wrote:


There is a {PAUSE} key Patricia, that might work.


Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Thursday, July 2, 2020, 09:18, waltonnz <walton.patricia@...> wrote:

Thank you, that's a good idea. But, I think you can stop the auto text and receive a prompt as there's a video from Chris online showing it done.  At least that's what it looks like to me. It doesn't show the template though so I don't know how she does it.
Patricia

On Thu, 2 Jul 2020 at 17:25, Robert via groups.io <lundr2001=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I don’t think that the script allows you pause during execution. I chose the Secondary evidence option because that is what I normally use for this type of entry. If you need to leave it at it’s default of no selection, and enter your own selection after the script has finished, then just take out the {DOWN} instructions.


Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 22:27, waltonnz <walton.patricia@...> wrote:

I think I've worked it out. The Registration Quarter and year went into Entry Date, then tab down to Assessment and choose Secondary Evidence, then tab to Where Within Source and enter Registration Year in Reg District Volume and and Page numbers, then tab to Text From Source and enter Mother's maiden name. If I'm right I've just one question. How would you cause the auto type to stop at Assessment and allow you to choose another option? It all sounds very exciting. Thank you for sharing.
Patricia

On Thu, 2 Jul 2020 at 06:48, Robert via groups.io <lundr2001=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Just input this Auto Type for GRO Birth Index Source Citation. It works well so far!

[Registration Quarter] [Registration Year]{Tab}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{Tab}[Registration Year] [Registration Quarter] in [District] Volume [Volume] Page [Page]{Tab}Mother [Mother's Maiden Surname]

Robert


Virus-free. www.avg.com


@BobH1
 

What you need is a conditional expression: something along the lines of :

<[?:Registration Quarter=Q1]March|[?:Registration Quarter=Q2]June|[?:Registration Quarter=Q3]September|[?:Registration Quarter=Q4]December>

Where the whole expression is surrounded by the <> brackets and each part of the expression is divided by the | bar

This expression is asking “if the [Registration Quarter] field is “Q1” then type plain text “March” if not then evaluate the next expression” and so on

BobH

 

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert via groups.io
Sent: 02 July 2020 10:54
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Online Repository Assistant.

 

This works for one Qtr [Registration Quarter:replace:Q4:Dec], but how do I look for the other three as well?

 

On Thursday, 2 July 2020, 10:17:05 BST, Robert Lund <lundr2001@...> wrote:

 

 

Learnt a bit more more, now my script looks like:

 

{FAST}[Registration Quarter] [Registration Year]{Tab}{DOWN*4}{Tab}[Registration Year] [Registration Quarter] in [District:uppercase] Volume [Volume:lowercase] Page [Page]{Tab}Mother [Mother's Maiden Surname:uppercase]

 

Changed how fast the data is entered into the form, and Changed mother's name and District to all uppercase - this is how I like it. The only thing I'm now stuck on, is changing the Registration Quarter from Q4 to Dec?

 

Output now looks like:

 

Q4 1878

Secondary evidence

1878 Q4 in KENDAL Volume 10b Page 699 (I would prefer it to be 1878 Dec in KENDAL Volume 10b Page 699

Mother SCOTT

 

Hope this helps

Rob

 

On Thursday, 2 July 2020, 09:31:54 BST, Robert via groups.io <lundr2001@...> wrote:

 

 

There is a {PAUSE} key Patricia, that might work.


Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Thursday, July 2, 2020, 09:18, waltonnz <walton.patricia@...> wrote:

Thank you, that's a good idea. But, I think you can stop the auto text and receive a prompt as there's a video from Chris online showing it done.  At least that's what it looks like to me. It doesn't show the template though so I don't know how she does it.

Patricia

 

On Thu, 2 Jul 2020 at 17:25, Robert via groups.io <lundr2001=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I don’t think that the script allows you pause during execution. I chose the Secondary evidence option because that is what I normally use for this type of entry. If you need to leave it at it’s default of no selection, and enter your own selection after the script has finished, then just take out the {DOWN} instructions.


Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 22:27, waltonnz <walton.patricia@...> wrote:

I think I've worked it out. The Registration Quarter and year went into Entry Date, then tab down to Assessment and choose Secondary Evidence, then tab to Where Within Source and enter Registration Year in Reg District Volume and and Page numbers, then tab to Text From Source and enter Mother's maiden name. If I'm right I've just one question. How would you cause the auto type to stop at Assessment and allow you to choose another option? It all sounds very exciting. Thank you for sharing.

Patricia

 

On Thu, 2 Jul 2020 at 06:48, Robert via groups.io <lundr2001=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Just input this Auto Type for GRO Birth Index Source Citation. It works well so far!

 

[Registration Quarter] [Registration Year]{Tab}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{Tab}[Registration Year] [Registration Quarter] in [District] Volume [Volume] Page [Page]{Tab}Mother [Mother's Maiden Surname]

 

Robert

 

Virus-free. www.avg.com


Robert
 

This now matches the GRO entry:

[Registration Year] <[?:Registration Quarter=Q1]M|[?:Registration Quarter=Q2]J|[?:Registration Quarter=Q3]S|[?:Registration Quarter=Q4]D> Quarter in [District:uppercase] Volume [Volume] Page [Page]


On Thursday, 2 July 2020, 11:36:07 BST, rmwhunter@... <rmwhunter@...> wrote:


What you need is a conditional expression: something along the lines of :

<[?:Registration Quarter=Q1]March|[?:Registration Quarter=Q2]June|[?:Registration Quarter=Q3]September|[?:Registration Quarter=Q4]December>

Where the whole expression is surrounded by the <> brackets and each part of the expression is divided by the | bar

This expression is asking “if the [Registration Quarter] field is “Q1” then type plain text “March” if not then evaluate the next expression” and so on

BobH

 

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert via groups.io
Sent: 02 July 2020 10:54
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Online Repository Assistant.

 

This works for one Qtr [Registration Quarter:replace:Q4:Dec], but how do I look for the other three as well?

 

On Thursday, 2 July 2020, 10:17:05 BST, Robert Lund <lundr2001@...> wrote:

 

 

Learnt a bit more more, now my script looks like:

 

{FAST}[Registration Quarter] [Registration Year]{Tab}{DOWN*4}{Tab}[Registration Year] [Registration Quarter] in [District:uppercase] Volume [Volume:lowercase] Page [Page]{Tab}Mother [Mother's Maiden Surname:uppercase]

 

Changed how fast the data is entered into the form, and Changed mother's name and District to all uppercase - this is how I like it. The only thing I'm now stuck on, is changing the Registration Quarter from Q4 to Dec?

 

Output now looks like:

 

Q4 1878

Secondary evidence

1878 Q4 in KENDAL Volume 10b Page 699 (I would prefer it to be 1878 Dec in KENDAL Volume 10b Page 699

Mother SCOTT

 

Hope this helps

Rob

 

On Thursday, 2 July 2020, 09:31:54 BST, Robert via groups.io <lundr2001@...> wrote:

 

 

There is a {PAUSE} key Patricia, that might work.


Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Thursday, July 2, 2020, 09:18, waltonnz <walton.patricia@...> wrote:

Thank you, that's a good idea. But, I think you can stop the auto text and receive a prompt as there's a video from Chris online showing it done.  At least that's what it looks like to me. It doesn't show the template though so I don't know how she does it.

Patricia

 

On Thu, 2 Jul 2020 at 17:25, Robert via groups.io <lundr2001=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I don’t think that the script allows you pause during execution. I chose the Secondary evidence option because that is what I normally use for this type of entry. If you need to leave it at it’s default of no selection, and enter your own selection after the script has finished, then just take out the {DOWN} instructions.


Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 22:27, waltonnz <walton.patricia@...> wrote:

I think I've worked it out. The Registration Quarter and year went into Entry Date, then tab down to Assessment and choose Secondary Evidence, then tab to Where Within Source and enter Registration Year in Reg District Volume and and Page numbers, then tab to Text From Source and enter Mother's maiden name. If I'm right I've just one question. How would you cause the auto type to stop at Assessment and allow you to choose another option? It all sounds very exciting. Thank you for sharing.

Patricia

 

On Thu, 2 Jul 2020 at 06:48, Robert via groups.io <lundr2001=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Just input this Auto Type for GRO Birth Index Source Citation. It works well so far!

 

[Registration Quarter] [Registration Year]{Tab}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{Tab}[Registration Year] [Registration Quarter] in [District] Volume [Volume] Page [Page]{Tab}Mother [Mother's Maiden Surname]

 

Robert

 

Virus-free. www.avg.com


Robert
 

Thanks for that BobH, I actually just worked it out another way <[?:Registration Quarter=Q1]Mar><[?:Registration Quarter=Q2]Jun><[?:Registration Quarter=Q3]Sep><[?:Registration Quarter=Q4]Dec>

But your version is a lot neater and efficient, thank you.

Rob

On Thursday, 2 July 2020, 11:36:07 BST, <rmwhunter@...> wrote:


What you need is a conditional expression: something along the lines of :

<[?:Registration Quarter=Q1]March|[?:Registration Quarter=Q2]June|[?:Registration Quarter=Q3]September|[?:Registration Quarter=Q4]December>

Where the whole expression is surrounded by the <> brackets and each part of the expression is divided by the | bar

This expression is asking “if the [Registration Quarter] field is “Q1” then type plain text “March” if not then evaluate the next expression” and so on

BobH

 

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert via groups.io
Sent: 02 July 2020 10:54
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Online Repository Assistant.

 

This works for one Qtr [Registration Quarter:replace:Q4:Dec], but how do I look for the other three as well?

 

On Thursday, 2 July 2020, 10:17:05 BST, Robert Lund <lundr2001@...> wrote:

 

 

Learnt a bit more more, now my script looks like:

 

{FAST}[Registration Quarter] [Registration Year]{Tab}{DOWN*4}{Tab}[Registration Year] [Registration Quarter] in [District:uppercase] Volume [Volume:lowercase] Page [Page]{Tab}Mother [Mother's Maiden Surname:uppercase]

 

Changed how fast the data is entered into the form, and Changed mother's name and District to all uppercase - this is how I like it. The only thing I'm now stuck on, is changing the Registration Quarter from Q4 to Dec?

 

Output now looks like:

 

Q4 1878

Secondary evidence

1878 Q4 in KENDAL Volume 10b Page 699 (I would prefer it to be 1878 Dec in KENDAL Volume 10b Page 699

Mother SCOTT

 

Hope this helps

Rob

 

On Thursday, 2 July 2020, 09:31:54 BST, Robert via groups.io <lundr2001@...> wrote:

 

 

There is a {PAUSE} key Patricia, that might work.


Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Thursday, July 2, 2020, 09:18, waltonnz <walton.patricia@...> wrote:

Thank you, that's a good idea. But, I think you can stop the auto text and receive a prompt as there's a video from Chris online showing it done.  At least that's what it looks like to me. It doesn't show the template though so I don't know how she does it.

Patricia

 

On Thu, 2 Jul 2020 at 17:25, Robert via groups.io <lundr2001=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I don’t think that the script allows you pause during execution. I chose the Secondary evidence option because that is what I normally use for this type of entry. If you need to leave it at it’s default of no selection, and enter your own selection after the script has finished, then just take out the {DOWN} instructions.


Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 22:27, waltonnz <walton.patricia@...> wrote:

I think I've worked it out. The Registration Quarter and year went into Entry Date, then tab down to Assessment and choose Secondary Evidence, then tab to Where Within Source and enter Registration Year in Reg District Volume and and Page numbers, then tab to Text From Source and enter Mother's maiden name. If I'm right I've just one question. How would you cause the auto type to stop at Assessment and allow you to choose another option? It all sounds very exciting. Thank you for sharing.

Patricia

 

On Thu, 2 Jul 2020 at 06:48, Robert via groups.io <lundr2001=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Just input this Auto Type for GRO Birth Index Source Citation. It works well so far!

 

[Registration Quarter] [Registration Year]{Tab}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{Tab}[Registration Year] [Registration Quarter] in [District] Volume [Volume] Page [Page]{Tab}Mother [Mother's Maiden Surname]

 

Robert

 

Virus-free. www.avg.com