Identify Fact Tags and Fact Sets

Jorge Planas Campos

It's me again. I'm sorry but I am trying to produce a report (over 50 pages) in reasonable Spanish by changing the sentences of certain tags. The problem now is that certain tags don't seem to belong to either the Standard Set (that I know should not be applicable) or the Spanish Set (which I have put in the first place in the list of applicable sets). These "rogue" tags --with the same label as the FH ones, i.e. "baptism"-- probably come from TMG, and the system applies the sentence it has for the Standard Set and not from the Spanish Set, not having found any other label.

Question is: if I use the "Change any Fact Tag" I need to put which set the old tag belongs to, but I cannot identify it properly. What I am doing now is reading through the draft report and when I find such an instance of a "rogue" label I make a new one and delete it. But I might miss some of them, so I am looking for something to automate this task.

Example: the sentence for the Spanish Set Baptism tag reads: "Fue bautizado/a <el {date:ABBREV3}> <en {_place}> <, {note}>" (in Spanish you do not need to insert the personal pronoun he/she), but when there is a rogue Baptism tag, the sentence comes out as: "He experienced baptism as...", and no apparent difference in the Tag label.

Sorry to be a bore, but I believe FH might use the Tag sentnces i have developed for the Spanish-speaking clients when I have cleaned up everything.

Jorge

Mike Tate

Jorge,

Please let me answer your question before you start trying fixes.

See what happened when you tried deleting Bride which did not work.

I answered this question yesterday but you must have missed it.

That is a custom Baptism fact defined as well as the standard Baptism fact in TNG.

Use Change Any Fact Tag to convert Source Tag Set: <Custom Facts> Source Tag Name: EVEN-BAPTISM to Target Tag Set: Standard/Spanish Target Tag Name: Baptism.

[...]

Thanks Mike. Yes, I am too impatient indeed, sorry, but I don’t want to bother you unnecessarily when I think (ha!) I have an answer. I’ll try the fix you suggest and will let you know the result.

Jorge

[...]

It worked! I had been looking for it before your email but didn’t find it.

Thanks again, and I hope I don’t have to pester you again.

Impatient Jorge

[...]

No problem. Migrating from one product to another is full of pitfalls.

Have you used the advice at https://www.fhug.org.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=how_to:import_from_tmg

Especially https://www.fhug.org.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=how_to:handling_unrecognised_data_fields